Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got a 444 marlin for a good deal but seen in my area (restricted zone) you can’t use them because their to long.. I can hunt north of 57 (“rifle side”) and the south side, so my question is I am allowed to use it as long as I’m not south in the restricted zone correct?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Rifle zone it would be ok. In th we restricted southern zone nope. Better double check your guide m57 is only a portion of that line. It jogs around alot. By me it is m46 to 131 than south to m57 to the kent country line than jogs upward on 66

Sent from my SM-N960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rifle zone it would be ok. In th we restricted southern zone nope. Better double check your guide m57 is only a portion of that line. It jogs around alot. By me it is m46 to 131 than south to m57 to the kent country line than jogs upward on 66

Yeah I’m in a funky spot east of Greenville 15 miles.. am I the only one who finds it’s dumb not being able to use 45-70 or 444 in the restricted zone?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
With the new muzzle loaders and center fires that have hit the market. I would say get rid of it. Most hunt from elevated position so saftey is better.
Yeah I’m in a funky spot east of Greenville 15 miles.. am I the only one who finds it’s dumb not being able to use 45-70 or 444 in the restricted zone?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I love my marlin 444, maximum case length restrictions are pretty silly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts