Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a picture today on the trophy wall at the hard ware store of a whitetail supposedly weighing 412 lbs. shot in Nebraska. According to the lady who posted it, her husband knows the fella who shot the critter...works for Northwest Airlines in Nebraska.

Searched some of the sites including B&C and nobody is saying that it is infact real. Anyone heard or seen the real deal on this?

·
Banned
19,596 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the thread. I have read all of the "hear say" comments, was just wondering if it there was any offical word on it yet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Those are photoshop photos. They have been floating all around the net. Enlarge the photo and you can see the guys heads are pasted on and the camera angle was taken to make the deer look huge. Kinda like sticking a perch up by the lens and making it look like it weighs 3#. Pretty funny though.

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
The one pic does "look" photoshopped but I have other pics where you can see, its just the way the guys collar is on his shirt. I can't get the pics to show up here,, some one send post their email address, I send them to ya, maybe you can get them up here and get a good look. I've gone over them pretty good,, I don't think their photoshopped.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Here is a link to the photos.

http://ehc.astate.edu/New_Folder2/Picture%20Page.htm

I agree that the guys head and hand look kind of funny in the first pic but it may just be a quirk in the way the picture was taken. I don't see anything indicating that the deer portion of the picture was shopped. It looks like it was gut shot and not recovered for a few days so some bloating may account for some of the size but any way you slice it that is one humongous buck!

As I mentioned It's on the B&C website and they have not found any clear evidence that it's a hoax.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There was a photo going around from the King Ranch that one of the guys did as a gag, the deer was real but with a photoshop shooter and a camera angle to make the deer look like a monster. It keeps popping up. But its still funny. This deer is on the B/C website, rack 148 but its still unconfirmed.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was checking into some hunting opportunities in Nebraska for this fall and was talking with 3 different people from one of the Indian reservations where this buck was killed. All 3 people were witness to the buck being weighed and verified the weight. What was funny was that two of the people said 418 lbs, not 412. They also noted that that in the past 3 years, there has been 4 deer taken over 310 lbs in that area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts