Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got skunked today, anybody else? hope it was just me but i did not see anyone pull anything in. tried 400 club from 9:30 till about 10:30 then by metro till 11:30. either i was out after the bite or left before the bite (i hope)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went out Wed evening. Really nice conditions, extremely busy. Was smallmouth fishing, ended up with 4 small ones, all on a Rapala silver jerkbait. Lost 2 that I'm assuming were either Wally eyes or rock bass, weren't fighting like a smallmouth. Moved all over the area from Masonic up to the 400. Not bad, not great, just eh..

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
I've been out by myself for 2 short trips in the last week. 4 Walleyes to show for it. I haven't been skunked but came very close yesterday. I even ran out to the ditch to see if they were there. I'm not sure what's going on. I may have to go back to the river. My friends picked up 24 yesterday morning. :(

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Well based on this report I am heading to the river tonight. Going to try Algonac jigging and trolling if I have to.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I fished Wednesday from 10:30-1. It was my first time in the water this year so I was more interested in making sure there were no problems & there weren't. I started by Masonic & trolled over 1 mile using my electric & got 1 rockbass. I ran to the gray apts west of metro & trolled east in 9.5 fow. I had a nice hit, circled back & caught a 3# pike. lol. No walleyes for me. It sure seemed like they were there, just not hitting. Water temp was 63.5. This wind has been out of the East for a week or so it seems.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
MillDoo said:
Well based on this report I am heading to the river tonight. Going to try Algonac jigging and trolling if I have to.

I'll be out pulling worms in a blue Lund. Trolling between MC and Algonac.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I was out Monday from 1:30 till about 6 and nothing.
Had one on for about half a minute, only saw a few caught that day.
Started by the pack near Metro and worked my way back to the Spillway.
Wind and weather were not quite right for the walleye.
Rich

·
Registered
865 Posts
I was out with my son Wed from 4-7:30 trying a new technique for me. 1.5 oz bottom bouncer with a turtle back gulp on a crawler harness. Trolled with electric. Had one on and lost it at the boat. That was it. Better than nothing. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
My son and I were out last night night(5-9:30 pm) at the 400 club, 9 ft of water, copper colored crawler harness's, 1.5-2 mph, 6 walleyes, 2 pike, 1 smallie, 1 silver and a couple of perch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The problem is they did turn on 3 weeks ago for about a week and then that cold front came in 10 days ago and shut em down. This years close to shore run may be over. We'll see.

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
We had a pretty decent bite on Monday. We fished the edge of the mud coming off the point at Metro. Tried that area again on Wednesday without any luck. The water has cleared considerably. I'm sure the fish are still around, but it might be a low-light bite.

We also tried the Middle Channel from the Yacht Club down to the lake. Marked a few near the 10 can, but no takers.

This forecasted rain might color it back up

·
Registered
550 Posts
Stopped by the Crocker Launch last night on my way home. Talked with a guy that had 4 Walleyes and a couple of Perch. He said he trolled from 9 mile tower to metro caught a bunch of perch, a sheep head plus the walleyes aproximatley 12' FOW red and white crawler harness with live bait

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I was out there today with MSUiceman, we fished 400 Club to Metro from 6:30 am till about 1 this afternoon.
Steve managed to get one eye :) , I got the black and white kitty. :yikes:
Rich

·
Registered
45 Posts
Went out yesterday twice got 7 from 6-11am and 5 more from 3:30-8 pm fishing in 12+ F.O.W red harness and anything shiney. dont go back to work till tuesday ill give ya a location then good luck PK

1 - 19 of 19 Posts