Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the 400 club (Harrison Park) 2-14. Fished 7am-11am with only one 12" keeper. Didn't see another perch over 6" and caught a few dinks. Wanted to stay away from the crowds. Wow did shanty town look packed off metro. Had to be 500 out there? Only three shanties in the area we were fishing. Now I know why...no fish in the area!

Wife and son are heading out of town this week. I'm shooting for a dawn to dark full day of fishing on Saturday. I've been having a hard time reading the post's because it seems that everyone's catching some fish but me? I buy the tackle, use the hint's from the gang and still no luck? I guess I'm just having a bad year?

I should have taken the long walk to Ed's weed bed! (out from Crocker) Maybe next week?

1-10...12 keepers (SANG)
1-17...0 (SANG)
1-24...6 keepers (SANG)
1-25...0 (Cotton)
1-31...0 (Saginaw River)
2-7...0 (Saginaw River)
2-14...1 keeper (400 club)
:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hang in there youll start catching fish. It seemed like I could do no wrong last year, eveytime I went out I just about caught my limit. Boy Ill tell ya this year has been rather humbleing. I must have been out a dozen times or so this year and had about one fish for every time out, until this past weekend! Fished the DNR launch off 15 mile and limited out, not all pigs but quite a few. The crowds kinda sucked but we stayed off to the edge of all the shanties. I like that park you fish though too, not alot of other people around and I caught alot of fish there last year. We did mange to spear a 40 inch pike this weekend over there.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I tried that area this year and Masonic area. I have no idea where the fish have gone. I also couldn't find a weed bed in that area. If you head out to the GPS #'s I posted they still work. but you'll do just as good starting in a bit. (about 1/2 mile out) Good luck.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy's! I'm not giving up yet! I have the will and determination to find these so called hog's! It may be this weekend? It may not? But, I will keep trying!

I will need new auger blades, I will buy them. I will need fresh bait, I will buy it! If I need to move around, I will walk till my leg's are burning. My arms may feel like rubber , but I will cut many more holes. I will try every technique known to man to hook a few of these footballs.

I know I'm a good fisherman and I can catch these yellowbellies! I have many stories to tell about my success over the years. BUT, If I can not hook them, then they will feel the cold steel of my spear on there striped backs. :eek:

That is my mission!
;) :) :cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Last year a guy with an oxygen tank at Harrison park gave me a perch eye and told me to follow his prints in the snow , he had a nice bucket of jumbies I did and he was only fishing in like 2 ft of water I know where he was cause I could see his sled marks but I did'nt do as good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts