Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we have 5 total birds down and 4 being on professional video. We have two from last year and 5 more to get throughout the season. We are hoping to have close to 12 this year to add to our Big Game DVD. This should be a great year.

ALL birds had beards at 10" or bigger with one being 9 3/4 one beard and second beard was 8 inches shot on video with a BOW!!!

Great footage to say the least.

I am going after mine tonight because I was in Lansing all day yesterday in an AUTISM meeting for school. I am having a student with Autism in my class next year.

dave

· Registered
4,290 Posts
Sounds like you guys did pretty well Dave, and even a bow kill....AWESOME, congrats!

Off the topic, it's good to see teachers like yourself become informed on children with Autism. My 4 year old is diagnosed with ASD and it can sometimes be difficult talking with people who do not understand how Autism can affect the way a child communicates with others. Just give them LOTS of attention, because on the inside they are just the same as any other child!

· Registered
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ack said:
Sounds like you guys did pretty well Dave, and even a bow kill....AWESOME, congrats!

Off the topic, it's good to see teachers like yourself become informed on children with Autism. My 4 year old is diagnosed with ASD and it can sometimes be difficult talking with people who do not understand how Autism can affect the way a child communicates with others. Just give them LOTS of attention, because on the inside they are just the same as any other child!
It is something you should do if you want to understand ALL students in your class. I cant even imagine having all this knowledge balled up in you and not really having a way to express it to others but only in your unique way. you are correct that children are all the same and one with ASD is no different.

thanks for the kind words.

Dave

· Registered
324 Posts
Ack said:

I also have a son with ASD. Communication is so taken for granted, until you have a child with ASD. It can be VERY frustrating.

Good luck with your student next year,

sjhawkeye

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.