Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going out tommorrow??

I'll be out on the north end of the river most likely, in a white alumacraft yukon. Probably pulling wire cause I'm sure that the water is dirty.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Tony,
I'll be out somewhere between the Sturgeon Hole and the Ambassador lookin' for a mud line. I have a few places in mind to start.
I'll be on 68 if you have a radio or I can PM you my cell # if you want to keep in touch.

Later,

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I was hoping to go on Monday.... 38 mile an hour winds are coming :mad:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have found over the years that the wind really makes no big deal on the river. But this is my opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As far as the fish bitting wind is really not an issue. As far as fisherman comfort goes wind is a big issue. West, West southwest and west northwest wind, when stronge buck the current and can send huge waves (5 footers) up the river. It can be very dangerious. MTC

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I'm with Batman wind can make fishing down right miserable on the river,between boat control,and the fisherman's comfort level 'gale force winds in the face has the makings of a bad fishin trip.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My bud works in Flat Rock and said the water in the river was like cholate milk , he called a friend on the north end of the river he repoted the same results very dirty .
But as you boys know she can clean up quick with no hard wind unlikly tomorrow 20 to 30 . hope you find a mud line Hot Wired .Good fishing if you's go .

A/K/A Ming Ming :cool:

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Regarding the wind, last year in early April I launched out of Ecorse with winds gusting to 40mph from the south/southwest. My trip upriver was great, just like surfing! ;) The trip back to the launch was another story, battling 4 foot swells! :( The high winds made boat control futile. The coal dust blowing off the piles at the Edison plant was like a black curtain across the river.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I stopped to get some bait at the Wyandotte Launch this afternoon and the one boat coming in had at least 6 walleyes. Don't know what they were using or where they were at, but I never would have thought it was possible to get some on a day like today...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts