Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

4-23 midriver solo limit

2119 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  FishDaddyFlex
Started the day off jigging. Only 3 fish from 5:30 to 11. Found a huge pod of them on my sonar downstream of Mud Island but they wouldn't bite anything. Started casting my jig and jerking it back off the bottom like a sinking lipless crankbait. They were inhaling it....didn't even need the stinger hook. Finished off my limit fast and then fun fished till 1:30. Had a total of 12 or 13 keepers (yes...10 fish from 11 to 1:30...missed some too). Im sure other types of baits would work for this as well....tubes, blade baits, swim baits. None of the fish i kept had anything in their bellies. In otherwords the reaction strike is what got them.....not hunger...they weren't feeding
. Depth was 14 to 20 fow.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Good going, way to adjust. How was the water clarity? Maybe if it's very clear it might help for them not to get too good of a look at the baits.
Wow very nice. Great job changing things up.
Sounds like a great night. Did you use a lighter jig when you switched to casting?
Brilliant move. I’ve noticed that too on many occasions. Marks on the sonar everywhere but they don’t bite. I’ll definitely try that method when those conditions exist.
Water was definitely very clear...was using a half oz jig for casting cause it was shallowe....probably use 3/4 in deeper water.
Reactions: fishinthed
Nice job adapting. Question please, can you tell me where you drifting while casting or spot locked?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Sounds like the good old F2F tourney method.
I did both....sometimes spot lock, sometimes drift.....I even dropped my power poles up really shallow a couple times and cast over the drop off...just depended on what my panoptix showed.....if there was a ton of fish on the graph I was more likely to spot lock
Nice job adapting. Question please, can you tell me where you drifting while casting or spot locked?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Reactions: Hollada
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.