Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first skunk of the year tonight. We fished at mud isle. and then headed to the ren cen center. Saw 3 fish netted between 5:00 and 8:00.

Any one else out there tonight?

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Thanks for the report. I wish it turned out better. How was the water clarity.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kbkrause said:
Thanks for the report. I wish it turned out better. How was the water clarity.
It was bad. Chocolate milk. But it was like that last saturday and we did allright then. The handliners were picking em uptoday.

I hope I didn't schedule my vacation too late..... It starts this friday and I planned on filling the freezer every day.

·
Registered
531 Posts
jighead36 said:
It was bad. Chocolate milk. But it was like that last saturday and we did allright then. The handliners were picking em uptoday.

I hope I didn't schedule my vacation too late..... It starts this friday and I planned on filling the freezer every day.
.....You will be fine for your vacation...just right I would say. Myself and bolodunn were out tonight, and plan on fihsing tomorrow after work. We put 4 in the boat from 6:00 to 7:30. We were joking how the water was clearing up right in front of us. We were fishing deep 39 FOW. We rolled alot of fish. They are just stacked in the channels. Tomorrow morning Wyandotte US side should be good.

·
Registered
628 Posts
4 1/2 yr old daughter landed 2 nice ones. One by Ren Cen and one by Mud Island. Murky waters was the problem. She had a blast as always though!
Was out 5-7pm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Me and my friend hit 10 around mud island...it looked like we were the only ones consistantly landing them. Fished there from 8am and caught the last fish at 2:50 pm. Just finished eating some of them....if I can figure out how to post pics I will.

Thanks for the advice some of the forum members gave us for where to fish and a huge thanks to the Dip Net for the color suggestion.

Got the 3 posts Needed!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Nice catch! That pic of your daughter is priceless Whitetail70

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whitetail70 said:
4 1/2 yr old daughter landed 2 nice ones. One by Ren Cen and one by Mud Island. Murky waters was the problem. She had a blast as always though!
Was out 5-7pm.
Thanx for rubbing it in Whitetail. We were outfished by a 4 year old!:lol:

Really though, that's cool.

·
Registered
628 Posts
jighead36 said:
Thanx for rubbing it in Whitetail. We were outfished by a 4 year old!:lol:

Really though, that's cool.
Thanks, hope you don't think I hijacked your thread, you asked if anyone else was out there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Went out of Wyandotte yesterday and fished 6-7hrs. Landed only 2 lost 4 and to be honest only seen about 10landed the whole time. Most were snagged and the ones we lost were most likely snagged. Water wasn't that dirty by Mud Island but the fish were shutoff. We got a limit two weeks ago in dirtier water. Ran up to Joe Louis and talked to some handliners that had been on the water all day and had only 3. Tough day for us but did land a nice 6ft jiggin stick but the reel was junk. I'm sure it will get better in the next few days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts