Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

35hp sea king

6K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Joe_G 
#1 ·
one more time. 1960 35hp sea king built by Gale Outboards a division of OMC. i have never used the motor and it has been sitting. it was put in a tank and she fired right up and shifted. asking $250 obo.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'll tell ya, that's a good price for that motor. I've got a '61 Evindrude Lark III 40 hp that is basically the SAME motor. (I'd bet that the Sea King came off of the same line but sold as a Sea King)
The cowl is a little different, but the "guts" look exactly like my Lark. It pushes my 16 footer along at about 28 mph. That's not blazing speed but plenty for a fishing boat. If I had some spare cash right now I'd be tempted to pick it up. If it's still around when my cash situation improves, I just might. ;)

Get it while it's still available folks !

#10 ·
I just totally drained my piggy bank and took back all the bottles in my back seat,,,,, and came up with $247.36, I will be happy to
make up the $2.42 as soon as my next check comes in, but I still have been waiting to hear weather Tonga will install the motor for me.....

It really stinks knowing that some people have money and cant catch fish, yet some people catch a ton, yet have no money......

#11 ·
"but I still have been waiting to hear weather Tonga will install the motor for me....."

you are just trying to tease me,,,you know I will do it just so I can play with the old jewel,,,LOLl :D

Wild Bill do you have a set of controlls for the old king?

#12 ·
TONGA, if Bill doesnt I have an extra set of controls that I think would work. They came with the boat I bought but it didn't have a motor. I used the controls that came with my Lark. So the controls that were on the boat are just taking up space in the garage because I couldnt bear to just throw them away. If you'd like them, they're yours !

Let me know.

#14 ·
IFN? new boat? well? well? what is it?

Jpollman if wild bill don't have a set for the baby maybe you can get them over to him,,,I'm sure they would help with the sale!

If Bill dose not need them and you need to get rid of them I would gladly take them off your hands,,,I'm sure sooner or later someone will need them,,,,probably sooner lol

#15 ·
I knew you'd be askin!!!!;) I bought that Starcraft,,,,,, figured that it would be better and easier for river fishin, not to mention saving gas!!!!! Do need to do a few things to set it up the way I want it, so if you want to get your hands dirty and want to play with an older yet wonderfully taken care of Johnson 18 horse, I'll let ya know when I go to pick it up!!!!!

#17 ·
I believe in the 70's,,,,, biggest selling point was the fact that I was told that with the 3 tanks that come with it, I could probably make 3 trips to Boblo and back and still have gas left over!!!!! Beats 4 drifts doing the Nunley Boogie like we did last year for 1 tank!!!!!! Plus she's big enough to go after the sturgeon!!!!!!:D

#19 ·
Come on guys somebody must be interested in this motor...I am sure it is a quality motor as I own the EXACT same make and model and it is a good runner! The only difference is that the guy that owned it previously painted the cover camo for waterfowl hunting...

If Wild Bill doesn't sell his how could I hope to sell mine?:eek: Actually not really selling mine but thought it was kind of interesting that we have these motors....cant be too many left in running condition?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.