Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a hell of a deal on a winchester model 94 in .32 special. it is a pre 64 model as it was made in 1950.
it also came with the box and all the papers that came with it.
gun is in mint condition
paid $300

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Sweet gun AND one hell of a deal:D I've got one also, left to me by my grandpa (think he bought it in the late 30's early 40's)GREAT deer rifle,enjoy!!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
That's a great deal. I've got an early 50's Winchester Model 64 .32 spl that was my great grandfather's. Has an old Williams side mount scope mount, old steel tube Weaver k3 scope on it. After shooting an abolt for years, I got a bit spoiled by nice triggers and tight groups, but there is just something special about that old gun.

This year I decided to try out the new Hornady Leverevolution ammo, and that stuff shoots really nice. Using the old corelokt or winchester stuff, I was probably shooting 3" groups. My first groups with the Hornady were 1.5" and 1.25".

It's great deer round, very mild to shoot, and it puts a whuppin on them. It's nice knowing that my 1.5 yr. old son already owns a deer rifle :coolgleam

·
Registered
362 Posts
got a hell of a deal on a winchester model 94 in .32 special. it is a pre 64 model as it was made in 1950.
it also came with the box and all the papers that came with it.
gun is in mint condition
paid $300

There has to be a story behind this....this is like finding a Yenko Camaro in a shed then getting it for $1000. Orginally I thought "Times are tough Winnie can even advertise on their boxes now." Due to the condition of the gun.....then 1950....

·
Premium Member
7,023 Posts
Mine was my Great grandma's gun. She was the hard core hunter and fisherwoman of that side of my family. Emma was hard core from all accounts. I'm honored to have her gun.
Great deal for you, congrats.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Can I just say, I am severely suffering from Envy right now, ya did very well on that. WOW! And I usually won't give Winny's a second look. Les

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
That brings back memories of my first deer camps,my friends dads friend had one of those he hunted with.Nice gun and a great deal for sure I would of jumped all over that.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought it from a relative who got it from his son inlaw who didn't want it. luckily the guy caught him before he was going to through away the box. also had two old shot guns with the old damascus barreles for $25.
the story i got its been in the box all its life and only 17 shots fired as it the last three shells of a box were there too

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:coolgleam My dad handed down his Model 94 .32 Win. Special to me when I turned forty. My old man remembered that I told him I loved that gun when I was young. It was his one and only deer rifle and it was a bitter-sweet day. I knew when he gave me that gun, that because of age and health, he was done hunting. I shed a few tears of mixed emotion, but whenever I look at that rifle, it brings back great memories of me and my late father. If I have nothing left to eat, I'll starve before I give up that gun! It's staying in the family, no matter what! :fish:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
My Dad also has one, pre-64, Mod. 94, 32 special. I'm hopping He leaves it to me..:evil: I have three other Brothers though..:16suspect..I'll give you $500. for it right now..LOL
You got the Deal of the Century with that one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts