Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December 8th and theres solid ice (for all practical purposes) on the Saginaw Bay. And its a whole 1 degree on the thermometor this morning at the Saginaws Mouth. Wow.....

There catching dinks with a few keeps at Hoyles, and doing more complaining about the ones that their seeing and not catching at Palmer. Getting all the ice goodies out of storage today and setting up a "MocK" ice fishing test run in the garage. Gotta find a little more elbow room somehow in the Ol' T-Pee for a 3-man compliment. :idea:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Thanks for the report :)

How far out is the ice? I can't wait,I'm off the whole week fo Christmas,I hope it holds up :bouncy:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Captain Dan-

It's getting closer to our big outing. I can feel it coming sometime between X-mas and New Years. I've got one question for you. My uncle will be coming into town that week and he is a huge ice fisherman. Can you take 3 people out on the bay with you? Let me know if you can and please post a report of the ice conditions as they come in. I'm really looking forward to fishing with you and learning some new tricks.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Thanks for the report. I was going to take a quick drive down to Palmer Rd this morning before heading to work, but breakfast with the kids took precedence over scouting. I'll drive out there this weekend to check conditions.

At least I wasn't the only one that witnessed cold temps this morning. I thought the thermometer was broke.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ReddHead said:
Captain Dan-

It's getting closer to our big outing. I can feel it coming sometime between X-mas and New Years. I've got one question for you. My uncle will be coming into town that week and he is a huge ice fisherman. Can you take 3 people out on the bay with you? Let me know if you can and please post a report of the ice conditions as they come in. I'm really looking forward to fishing with you and learning some new tricks.

Pete.

Everything having to do with my ice trips, is geared and formulated around the comfort and safety of myself and 1 or 2 clients. The added work, space and effort involved with even one extra person, makes it a hardship for evryone concerned. Your uncle would get the feeling of being a burdon, and I know he (or anybody for that matter) wouldn't like that. ;)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FishingJoe said:
Jeez Dan, if you can get me and Dave out there, I think you have enough room. :lol:

I don't have that BIG MONSTER (Polka Band) shanty any more. The one I have now is adequate for 3, but that's about it. And who's going to ride on who's lap in the dog sled on the way out? :tdo12: :SHOCKED: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts