Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 5-8:30pm last night on the upper. I was the only boat in the area. Jigging Blue Ice.
15-30 FOW slow presentation almost like dragging on the bottom. set hook hard, light bite.
all sizes of fish from 17"-23" males and females.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Fished from 5-8:30pm last night on the upper. I was the only boat in the area. Jigging Blue Ice.
15-30 FOW slow presentation almost like dragging on the bottom. set hook hard, light bite.
You are the man! Looking at wind this weekend I’m thinking Erie will be too much for perch. Thinking the river may be better protected. Hoping.

I’ve never jigged in the fall but sounds like the fish are really active. Still learning the technique.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice! Newbie question, when you say "Upper" what general area do you mean? (Not asking specific spot, just area when refer to Upper) - Also see a lot of threads/comments on the "Wall" - where is that general location?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nice! Newbie question, when you say "Upper" what general area do you mean? (Not asking specific spot, just area when refer to Upper) - Also see a lot of threads/comments on the "Wall" - where is that general location?
As another newbie, I too am interested in what general sections are considered upper and lower.

Reactions: Wannabe Angler

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Upper is A bridge to the lake
Mid is A bridge to fighting island Im guessing
Lower is FI to Erie.

if I’m wrong I’m sure someone will correct me!
Very close. It probably depends on who you ask. However, the way I understand it is that the Upper is as you said. Mid is the A-Bridge to the tip of Grosse Ile (which is about equal to the end of Fighting Island). Lower is the rest.

·
Super Moderator
35,245 Posts
Very close. It probably depends on who you ask. However, the way I understand it is that the Upper is as you said. Mid is the A-Bridge to the tip of Grosse Ile (which is about equal to the end of Fighting Island). Lower is the rest.
You referring to tip of hennepin? Or grosse ile at the blocky looking white house?

Not much difference I suppose.

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
Is there a legal or moral rule on throwing milking egg loaded females back or keeping?

and how Can you tell?
Moral rule if your gonna eat them keep whatever you want and screw what anyone thinks on it. But males milk not the hens at least I’ve never seen a hen spitting white. You can tell by their belly most of the time if it’s a hen there will be a lil sag on their belly. Or put your finger in and see if it comes out white or yellow :lol:

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Moral rule if your gonna eat them keep whatever you want and screw what anyone thinks on it. But males milk not the hens at least I’ve never seen a hen spitting white. You can tell by their belly most of the time if it’s a hen there will be a lil sag on their belly. Or put your finger in and see if it comes out white or yellow :lol:
Careful! The wrong hole and your finder will be brown )-:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
With all of this gender craziness going on, maybe it has leaked over into the fish world. Maybe some of the females identify as males. So before you go judging which sex the fish is, you better ask them how they identify and what pronouns they prefer....walleye..female...she/her and then put them in the cooler. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts