Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Marysville late and had to be back early for my sons girlfriends 25th bday dinner. Brought jigging rods and a couple BB rods. I did one long drift dragging meat for about an hour and didn’t get a bump. So I shot to my summertime shallow jigging spot and popped a super golden **** Head. Next drift got a 19” eye, next drift an 18”. Nothing next couple drifts but gobies. Freighters were insane today. Coming through 3 at a time plus a cruise ship. Woulda been dead calm without all that. So I had about an hour left to spare so I went to my close Canadian spot and got a 17” right off the rip. Then nothing for a couple drifts. Marked a bunch of fish but they weren’t interested. Crazy minnows still everywhere. Ended up getting a really fat 18.5” smallie that danced around like a salmon, was pretty cool. Thought for sure I would have done better but is what it is. Pimp daddy tipped with crawler piece did all the damage lmao. Water was 69.3 degrees. Still better then birthday shopping with old lady lol.
Water Liquid Fluid Body of water Lake

Vertebrate Salt and pepper shakers Food Seafood Fish

Water Sky Vertebrate Lake Fish

Food Fish Seafood Staple food Ingredient

Cloud Water Sky Boat Naval architecture

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was that a cruise ship, or your new super yacht? That’s not the cruise ship that I saw the summer on the river, I think it was called the Octavius

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Not sure what else to call it Brian lol. If that’s just someone’s weekender F that guy with his crazy rich ass lol.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just looked that ship up. Looks like 5 of them in the fleet and up to $23,000 on that exact one in the pic. But not in the lakes like $9,500 for a fresh water tour. Next June she’s $23,000 start saving lol.

·
Administrator
18,705 Posts
Makes me really wishin' I was fishin'.
Maybe soon!
The water temps should be plummeting next week.
<----<<<

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Makes me really wishin' I was fishin'.
Maybe soon!
The water temps should be plummeting next week.
<----<<<
Fish are definitely there. But I think it’s the unbelievable amount of minnows everywhere that’s killing the bite. Should have some fatass fall fish tho once they start biting good again. Both sides US and Canada was just a constant flow of minnows.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Fish are definitely there. But I think it’s the unbelievable amount of minnows everywhere that’s killing the bite. Should have some fatass fall fish tho once they start biting good again. Both sides US and Canada was just a constant flow of minnows.

Believe it or not I have found that it doesnt matter all that much, or there are just that many more fish around because of the bait. But remember showing up to a spot to fish and it was stupid loaded with minnows. first thing I thought was ain't gonna catch **** here. Third cast I catch a nice one, remembering looking at the fish thinking you are one stupid fish, Turns out there were quite a few dumb ones around. Remember I was stuck on four for awhile, I look over and see a half digested minnow floating next to the fish on the stringer. I squeezed one fish's stomach and out came 4-5 minnows, one of which looked 100%. Threw it on the jig and 4-5' later I got #5 :). Repeated the process and got #6 a few minutes later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts