Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
We had a great opening day. My Mom, Uncle and myself all connected on birds.

Mom has limited time to hunt and decided to take a jake when the opportunity presented itself. Way to go Mom! My Uncle got his first turkey every...9 1/4" beard, and i killed a nice Tom with a 10 1/4" beard and 1" spurrs. Id say both Toms weighed around 18-20#, although we didnt officially weight them......Howd y'all like that wind opening day?....That was wicked!!!...Our birds sure were quiet and stuck to the woods and field edges.

Heres a few pics:

My Tom

Mom's Jake

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
How cool to be able to hunt with your mom......Nice work and birds......Congrats.......Mack

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Man thats awesome! None of my family turkey hunts except my wife. I got her to go one day last year and this year she says she's gona hunt hard, we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Thats real nice AB congrats to all !!!!

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got back in town, after hunting all weekend with my dad. We had a few close encounters, but just couldnt get em to come those last few yards. Other than that, we had hen troubles all weekend long. We had several instances where we had gobblers coming only be cut off by a hen. You know how that goes...Where the hen goes...so does the Tom.:rant: :lol: ...Thats huntin'.;)

We still have a week to get him a bird...But now i gotta go back to work!:rant: Hopefully i can sneak away one day midweek and we can git r done.:D

Now that im done blabbin', I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind responses. Very nice. :)

Good luck to everyone whos headed out.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts