Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was able to makie it out 3 times this last week, last sunday 6/24 evening. We finished with 16. My nephew and on both got their first walleye!

6/27
My wife and I took my 6 year old and 10 year old daughter. We were able to fill our limits. She had never walleye fished and got her first walleye!
She did a great job running the boards.

6/29
Had my brother 2 of his buddies and my 6yr old son, and I. We were able to get a 5 man limit. Did a lot of searching for fish that were not belly down. Finally found them in 24 FOW out by number 1.
Each day I went last week I had to go out farther and farther.

Purple and pearl or Blubble gum blade and yellow beads yesterday. No trash out dep either

Dave and his 5 are not in the pics.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Love the pics man. Kudos for getting kids involved in the outdoors. Great job on the fish

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Thanks for sharing bro ;great pics as well... like seeing youngsters getting involved in the outdoors they are our future..some of those fish are very nice... good job:):):)........SPANKIN

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Looks like a great trip and great fishing

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
273 Posts
Those smiles on the kids faces says it all...Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
29,847 Posts
Great job and pics!:) Noticed your net....Is that one of the old metal smelt dip nets? I thought of using mine to keep hooks from getting tangled in net. Hate it when the hooks go right through the thread itself.:rant: Thanks for sharing, excellent times with the kids, memories made for a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Love seeing all the pics! Hope my kids are ready for walleye in a few years, will have to stick with panfish for a little while..they get bored too quick. Looks like an awesome time! :D

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Very nice and healthy looking fish there Sir. I like how the young man found the right and most comfortable place to put and rest his hands.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments fellas. I have ben really proud of my 6yr old. 3 trips no complaints.

Ralph the net is a cheap net that i rigged an old pole saw handle onto it. works great with the kids having more reach!

·
Premium Member
29,847 Posts
Thanks for all the kind comments fellas. I have ben really proud of my 6yr old. 3 trips no complaints.

Ralph the net is a cheap net that i rigged an old pole saw handle onto it. works great with the kids having more reach!
Thanks, think I'm trying the old hoop smelt net next time for them eyes. Its gotta be good for something;):lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Great stuff right there.Thanks for sharing the good time.Nice eyes to boot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts