Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
How many users will recognize a paradox when they read one?

How about irony?

@Nick Adams we miss your contributions in other areas of the site.
That would be irony.

Take it up with upper management.

-na

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,191 Posts
It's tragic of course. But many elderly are in brittle shape as it is. Hopefully, we will learn enough about this vaccine to allow it to be useful as long as needed.
Has to be pointed out, we STILL don't have a year of this virus yet. Data we currently have is based on a relatively small sample size if you think about it. We definitely don't have data enough t critique the vaccine IMHO.

So what separates Norway from the rest of the world outcomes in this brief period of time? Spoilage?

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Or the millions that have tested pos but never had any signs of getting it at all
My wife was going to have a medical procedure and had to get tested a few days before. She tested POSITIVE. Had absolutely NO idea.

So then I went and got tested, and that was NEGATIVE!?!?.

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,191 Posts
My wife was going to have a medical procedure and had to get tested a few days before. She tested POSITIVE. Had absolutely NO idea.

So then I went and got tested, and that was NEGATIVE!?!?.
Didn't they "fast track" some of the tests too? And it was mentioned back in the Spring there were already known "bad test" circulation around out there. We really reacted badly to this thing as a "whole."

When my sister (nursing home) got it, I prepared my work for my likely absence for a day or two. On a good day she is in bad shape. The fact remains she has been to the intensive care unit TWICE since getting it (a week before Thanksgiving) and is still with us today, God bless her soul. My wife checked, they don't have abnormal death rates at her home...so far.

Somethings jacked that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Didn't they "fast track" some of the tests too? And it was mentioned back in the Spring there were already known "bad test" circulation around out there. We really reacted badly to this thing as a "whole."
This was in December sometime. She got her results in three days, and it took a week to get mine.

·
Super Moderator
35,291 Posts
Has to be pointed out, we STILL don't have a year of this virus yet. Data we currently have is based on a relatively small sample size if you think about it. We definitely don't have data enough t critique the vaccine IMHO.

So what separates Norway from the rest of the world outcomes in this brief period of time? Spoilage?
Its not even known if the vaccine caused these people to die. There are lots of "might" "maybe" "could have". So far, at a glance, it "appears" there "may" be a link.

·
Premium Member
28,186 Posts
Probably nothing...

"Norway has stressed that there was no established link between the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine and the deaths of elderly people who had been vaccinated."

...and

"Norway Warns Against Vaccinating the Terminally Ill"

If these deaths are in the "terminally ill", not just frail elderly folks.... it probably is not the vaccine, just dumb luck.

·
Registered
508 Posts

Official reports of allergic reactions have been rare as governments roll out vaccines. (File photo)

Norway expressed increasing concern about the safety of the Pfizer Inc. vaccine on elderly people with serious underlying health conditions after raising an estimate of the number who died after receiving inoculations to 29.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/nor...o-risky-for-elderly-reports-29-deaths-2354007
i think anyone with a serious underlying health condition is at risk not just the elderly.i believe it is the quarantine mentality is the problem.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
how would you like to be one of the ''29''
I don't really know. I haven't been dead yet, that I'm aware of.

I think you missed the point of my post.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I got sucked into one of his mindless debates, and he trumped me by gleefully pointing out that he had more posts than I did. Although it was a completely irrelevant point, it helped me understand him a little better. It made me a bit sad for him, until his endless diatribes beat that down.

I wonder what he is up to, these days? No, I really don't. :nono:
Probably catching all those eyes with Walleye22!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

Big breasted blondes come to my mind, oh yea, we were talking virus right?

Reactions: Oldgrandman

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
please tell me the point
A retired poster, Decoy Slayer, would commonly bring up the argument that it was unfair to report on coronavirus death counts. He said they were focused only on the bad news. His point was that the news should focus on how many people have lived that were once infected with corona.

This article focuses on the bad of the vaccine. It focuses on the death count. It doesn't tell how many people have lived.

So using Decoy Slayers logic, the news should only report on the good of the vaccine. They shouldn't run these fear mongering articles, according to his logic.

My logic, is to not get involved with my own logic in these threads because I don't know the truth or answers. My logic also tells me that me having to explain all that to you, means you shouldn't be trusting of your own logic.

·
Registered
508 Posts
well for your information , it is my right to believe what i want to believe , i understand what they mean and i don't believe in that logic. end of topic

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Some people believe dinosaurs never existed. Its their right I suppose.
They aren't as bad as the people that think the Earth is flat. Remember that guy that set out to prove the Earth was flat by strapping himself to a homemade rocket? I never once thought Looney Tunes would become reality, not even as a naive youngster that believed in the tooth fairy and Easter bunny.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts