Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I got a $25 gift card to Bass Pro Shop and figured I would get a box of shells with it. I see Remington has two different kind in the Whitetail Pro Core-Lokt. There is the pointed soft point and the soft point. I am not sure what to get. I use the gun to deer hunt and want to get the best load between the two. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
The pointed soft point will give better aerodynamics ,accuracy and range,usually.The soft point should be better in brush,less apt to deflect.But looking at my 30/06 versions of those ,there really isn't much difference visually anyways

·
Premium Member
12,438 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have killed 20 deer with the 150 gr. core-lokt bullet with no complaints. I have a buddy who has killed about the same number with the 130 gr. bullet with no complaints. I don't believe that just because a bullet has a round nose means it will shoot through brush better. I highly doubt that extra 20 gr. will matter should the bullet encounter a twig. That being said, if I routinely shot over 150 yds., I would go with the 130 gr. core-lokt. Inside of that, either one will do. Really though, you're kind of splitting hairs. No deer hit with a good shot from either bullet will know the difference.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Have you shot either one in your Rifle yet? Might want to make sure they shoot good for you. My Savage won't group Rem. Core-lokt's that great. Some guns shoot them great. Wish mine liked the Cheaper ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts