Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have $250 gift card to spend at Cabelas and am looking to pick up a new trail cam. Which ones would you guys recommend? I would like to keep it in this price range if possible, but will consider cameras close in price if the added benefits warrant the cost.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
once I got working with my steath cam, I went and bought another one yesterday. Steath cam with infrared, pic and video option 169.99 and 12V charging pack, water proof 49.99. Total $222 and change from Bass pro.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
wrong, I believe 159.00

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've bee going through the reviews on cabela's site and the I-40 does get pretty good feedback.

Thanks for the help guys. If anyone has any other info I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
If you get anything other than an i40, everyone who frequents this forum will put you on the "ignore" list! :D

J/K of course, but the i40 is a great camera for a very reasonable price. I'd use the extra money to get rechargeable batteries if they have them. You can get dirt cheap SD cards off eBay....go big, like at least 2GB so you can take vids!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone. I've been looking for another camera also. I wasn't so sure of the I40, a friend of mine had an older one and bought a new one this year and found the upgrade had slowed the trigger speed some, but I'm using a camera about 4 years old now so. . . I'm sure the i40 will be better than what I have.

Has anyone noticed if the i40 has a slower trigger speed or still has whiteout problems?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I've had the I40 for almost a year now and haven't had a single whiteout. I have also owned several other cameras including a older Moultrie, and the trigger is nothing close to any of the others. It has one of the fastest triggers available at this time. And the battery life is unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
What MBW said.

The older Moultrie cams had/have problems. The i40 is in another class.

Awesome battery life, high-quality pics and videos to boot. The only time I've noticed whiteouts or any other aberrations in the recent past is when the batteries are dying and it still has just enough juice to take pics/vids. Plus, there are updates via Moultrie's website to help upgrade your cam.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks everyone. . . I guess it's the I40 then.

Thanks Much!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
www.chasingame.com

The reviews for the 07 I40 models are great.... I have on and it works awesome for what I want it for. However, take a look at what is said about the 08 Moultrie I40's and make an informed decision. Just like everything the quality slips after a while.... Check out the Scoutguard SG-550. I dont have one but it looks like a promising camera.
TB

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have three Cuddeback no flash cameras. I have tried many other cameras over the years but these have been the best I have found so far but I am sure that many cameras on the market will meet your needs. The trigger speed is so fast it captures birds in flight.

Good luck
Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts