Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone out there can give me some info on where there might be some competion .22 shoots here in MI that would welcome an outsider to the sport to try it out. Im not really looking to join 30 different clubs, i just want to try it for fun sometime this winter if i get the chance, thanks for the input -Scott

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Call Duncan's Outdoor Shop in Bay City, they should be able to tell you what's happening in the state for target shooting.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Tacdriver,
Over here by Dorr, we have the South Kent Sportsmens Club. Last year there was quite a bit of intrest in .22 fun shoots. I will check and see if they are going to do it again this year.

------------------
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, i'd appreciate it if you could look into it for me. considering dorr is only about 20 minutes south of me, id be more than happy to look into it. however like i said im not really to interested in joining a bunch of differrent clubs, a few years back i was interested in joining south kent but the poeple there didnt seem all to friendly.

·
Registered
386 Posts
No problem Tackdriver.
I have been a member for around 4 or 5 years now and I have never met a nicer bunch of people( except maybe on this site).
A few years prior to that however, I wasnt too impressed with a few of the folks when I went to inquire about joining. They acted like they really didnt want any new members, like it was some kind of good ole' boys club or something.
Since then, there is a whole new bunch running the show and they have realized, if we dont keep getting new members, our club wont be able to pay the bills to remain open besides the possibility of expanding. The township is already trying to throw road blocks in our way for this.
Anyway, I know the club has many sanctioned shoots both for pistol and rifle and I believe, now that I think about it, there is a .22 cal siloutte shoot there on certain weekends during the summer.
My Dad is the MUCC rep. for the club so I will ask him when I see him wed. morning.

------------------
Mike

[This message has been edited by msiebers (edited 12-04-2000).]

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
If you call any local shooting club I am sure they could lead you to the right direction.

My buddies do it, and I will tell you one thing... it isn't a cheap sport.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Tackdriver,
I found out about the .22 comp. at South Kent.
Right now, they are only having the fun shoots there and on thursday evenings during the summer months. These are mainly for members and thier familys only right now.

------------------
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts