Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 22\' Starcraft Islander. I purchased the boat last year and used it on Lake St. Clair numerous times. While using the boat last summer I realized that boat was taking on some water and planned on addressing this over the winter.
<br><br>
Over the winter I had the boat professionally sandblasted below the waterline. My intent was to begin repairing the rivets that were allowing the water to come into the boat. After the sandblasting, I found that my problems were larger that leaking rivets.
<br><br>
The boat has rivet problems. I don\'t think the person who sold the boat to me was very forthright with his information and I want to make sure that whoever buys the boat from me is aware of exactly what they are getting. Most of the rivet heads in the stern section of the boat are corroded and will need to be replaced.
<br><br>
Enough rivets are corroded at the stern of the boat that I have concerns over the structural integrity of the boat. I feel that this boat needs the floor removed and new rivets put in to replace the corroded rivets.
<br><br>
Of course I used the boat last season without any real issues, but ignorance is not an option at this point any longer for me. Replacing the rivets is beyond my capabilities at this point. For the right person, this boat will be a great project.
<br><br>
I feel the boat is priced to reflect the condition it is in and the work that it will require. The engine, lower unit, and trailer are in good condition. Realistically the total package price reflects the value of these three components alone. If interested I can start the engine up so the potential buyer can hear it run and hear the lower unit shift in and out of gear.
<br><br>
I have included a couple extra pictures to show the front of the hull which is in really good shape and the rear of the hull which shows the rivets at their worse. - See More Here: http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=11616

1 - 2 of 2 Posts