Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 24 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I have an old Sears model 25 that belonged to my dad. It is marked on the barrel: "Shoots any .22 long or long rifles or .22 shorts. High speed only".

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
When you use the CB's 22's or the newer quite shells on a semi, you always have to rack in a new shell, not enough power. I have a old 1890 Winchester long barrel pump that the take down screw will not come out. I have to heat that and try to remove for cleaning. Would be nice for the summer beer and $$$$ rat shoot for the Friday summer get together!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Some old semi autos you were supposed to use as a single shot and lock the "bolt" in the action when using shorts.
Not enough ummmph for shorts to cycle.
I think I've a J.C. Higgins /(Stevens patent though Stevens didn't build (?) like that.
If anyone remembers them they had a round disc type knob with a plunger to lock the action.
I had one of those back when. I don't remember even the brand, let alone the model number.

Reactions: Waif

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, took one of my firearms in for repairs to a local gunsmith, and low and behold! Guess what I found in the rack! ;):D The price was right.......and it just HAD to have a home in my gun safe!

Looking forward to taking it afield next fall!!!

21 - 24 of 23 Posts