Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On paul harvey this morning He spoke of a woman who caught this monster bass. She had it weighed, had a witness there to confirm the weight and then had her picture taken with it. Now whoever it is that verifys those kinds of things says that because she didn't keep it they won't verify it and now she's losing out on millions of dollars in promotional ads. All because she released it and did what she considered sportsmanlike!!

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
WOW !

That's a BIG Bass !!!

Good for her too. I love to fish Bass and it's always C&R. I'm not going to get into a big C&R and C&K brawl here but heck, she caught the fish and had a great time doing it. That's ALL that counts. When I fish and give a report, I don't really care if people believe me or not. I've got nothing to prove by catching HUGE fish all of the time. (Which I usually don't ;)) All that matters to me is the enjoyment I got out of being on the water and catching a few fish. If I tell my story and someone believes me, fine. If they don't, that really doesn't bother me either. No skin off my nose.

·
Registered
9,777 Posts
theres gotta be more to this story, since IGFA rules do not make you keep the fish.

steve

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
there's a thread around here somewhere. there is alot more to it

·
Registered
308 Posts
The rumor around the IGFA is that her son actually caught the fish, and it weighed 17 and some odd pounds (he made the mistake of posting the story on a fourm much like this one) . They then took a picture with is mom holding the fish and because she was much smaller than him the fish looked much larger. They then fabricated the story that she actually caught it, fudged the measurements a little and gave a phony weight and witness and the world record bass was born. Lucky for us the IGFA is smart and fully investigated the claim and decided that a potential million dollar fish would have been kept for proof, I know I would have. Therefore the claim will not be validated as the official world record.

So the moral of the story is if you catch a potential record such as this you better keep it to prove it weather it is right or not.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The IGFA first got suspisious of the story because there was only one picture. Their thought was: you just caught a potential world record fish and you only took one picture?

I guess after you think about it in that way it makes sense. I would have taken a entire role if I came across a fish like that.

·
Registered
9,777 Posts
well, the IGFA isn't the brightest, take into consideration the record tarpon that was just found as a fraud. The guy that was a liar was a member (on a council or something) of the IGFA. In fact it was someone else's fish from a tournament down in MX that he was standing next to.

steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts