Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me their opinions of these bows. I found a used one for sale near me that is in excellent condition, price isn't great but I'm sure thats negotiable. Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great bows!!!! target or hunting. smooth and fast. I had one and loved everything but the grip. If i had had the bow made i would probably still have it. But don't take my word for it, ask SMOKING JOE at Lincoln Bowman. He shoots one and he's the best there. You won't go wrong. What model and price?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't remember the Model (Nova?), the price was $449.00.
After looking at their website, I think a new one may be about the same price. This one had the intermediate sized grip area, slightly heavier than most other longbows I have held.

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't remember the name of Joe's bow but i know it has some carbon in the limbs. I bought my bow used and never did find out the exact model but it didn't have carbon in the limbs. Either way they are good shooters. I would like to add that the new ones are not made by the same bowers as the bow i or Joe had so i can't really speak for them. I beleive the the new maker learned from the old ones. The price is alittle steep, 350.00 would be a better range for that model used. You may want to look at the Bob Lee Stick. I have one and love it. I had it made for me and the grip is perfect. Fast, quite and smooth. The price won't put you in the poor house either. hugh

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't consider buying it for what their asking. I will look into the "Bob Lee Stick" as suggested. It always seems that there are very few people who have tried the 21st Century bows, although, the ones who have love them. I have also heard a lot about the debate on whether it truely is a long bow by definition. For me, I don't really care, just the look and feel of a traditional bow makes you want to shoot them.

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Steve Turray of Northern Mist makes real fine bows, he's in the U.P. His prices are good too. The 21ST I had looked like a recurve but Joe's didn't. I 'm talking too much, you only asked for opions on the 21st. Good Luck HUGH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts