Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure if I was going to keep doing the St Joe update with people being able to watch in real time fish going thru at Berrien, but here it is. Cleaned out the ladders on the Joe yesterday. There were about 20 steelhead in the upper part of the Berrien ladder when I drained it down, but that was in the morning. I imagine activity has picked up since then with the increase in temperature. There were also steelhead in Buchanan and Niles ladders, but it's hard to judge numbers in those ladders as they are a different style than Berrien. The river conditions were good with the water up some, but running pretty clear. Lots of anger activity at Berrien from boat and shore. Thanks again to PaddleandPole.com for providing the webcam.

Thanks,
Mike Wilson
MDNR Fisheries
Plainwell

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Thanks, I enjoy your updates. I don’t get to watch the cam as much as I would like.

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman

Reactions: wilsonm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wasn't sure if I was going to keep doing the St Joe update with people being able to watch in real time fish going thru at Berrien, but here it is. Cleaned out the ladders on the Joe yesterday. There were about 20 steelhead in the upper part of the Berrien ladder when I drained it down, but that was in the morning. I imagine activity has picked up since then with the increase in temperature. There were also steelhead in Buchanan and Niles ladders, but it's hard to judge numbers in those ladders as they are a different style than Berrien. The river conditions were good with the water up some, but running pretty clear. Lots of anger activity at Berrien from boat and shore. Thanks again to PaddleandPole.com for providing the webcam.

Thanks,
Mike Wilson
MDNR Fisheries
Plainwell
T

Thanks,
Mike Wilson
MDNR Fisheries
Plainwell
Thank you for the updates and maintenance.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was off in late spring/early summer recovering from surgery. I'll get back on the updates soon. My co-workers have been doing a couple weeks of ladder repair this summer installing and replacing steel plate at Niles and at Webber on the Grand. Moving water eventually start to wear holes in the ladder floors. The water wore through a 1/4 inch thick steel plate and 4 inches into the concrete on of the wells at Niles Ladder. Webber was and is much more work as it's close to 20 wells that needed work. Not quite finished up there yet.

Mike Wilson
MDNR Fisheries
Plainwell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts