Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, the wind and the cold and a looming 300 hour service call on the Lund cut this years perch fishing short but it still was one for the books. Here are some of the new things I picked up fishing for perch on LSC this fall.

I finally figured out how to save a Spot Lock on the Ulterra and to direct the boat to that exact same spot when I am within 50 feet or so of the marker. I'd hit a button and head to the back of the boat to unload my stuff from the rod lockers and by the time we were straight up and down we were ready to drop them down.

Boat rods did most of the damage as I didn't run as many slip bobbers as in the past. I ran 3 slips once and will never do that again.

A big difference was a purple perch fly rig on a dead stick that outproduced the spread including bigger >10" fish all month. Not sure if it was the smaller emeralds from Moe's but it will certainly be in the water going forward. Thanks to Mike Martin Outdoors - MMO Charters for a heads up early in the season on his FB page to place an order before they got sold out.

Candy plastics made a slight difference on the upper hook of the perch spreader. I still use a maggot like bug from Domka Outdoors (They don't make them anymore) and creature bodies from RBM JIGS.

Need to figure out how to read the commerants. I have chased flocks of seagulls fishing in the past to locate schools of perch but these black birds have taken it to the next level.

Hope this helps I appreciate all the helpful tips you fellow MS fisherman pass along. Happy thanks giving.

Rectangle Font Wood Transparency Hardwood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts