Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey everyone! What are your goals for the upcoming season? I have 2 goals myself;

Since I recently purchased my first saddle, I would like to try more/different areas and get comfortable climbing trees.

My second is to focus on shifting bad hunting days into learning days and try new tactics and strategies. I would like to get comfortable just doing something different than just sitting in the same tree day-after-day.

What are your goals?
Help my granddaughter her first deer.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
1. Help dad if he wants to hunt after Shoulder surgery. Or if he wants to just be out we can hunt together and i will be the trigger man

2. Actually hunt!! Work has been insane, wrapping up a 2.5 year project, worked alot of 50-60 hour weeks this year and its finally slowing down some. I just wanna be away from work and enjoy life!

3. Make sure all treestands and set ups are SAFE. It's time to Pre Flight check them all.

4. Continue to focus on ground hunts, I took does in December about 40 yards away behind an old tree stump last season. LOVE IT👍👍👍

·
Premium Member
31,635 Posts
Good thread!

1) Help my son and DIL have a successful season after they have returned home after serving in the military.
2) Get an opportunity at a good buck around home
3) Get an opportunity on a good buck on our KY lease
4) Kill does in Michigan and Kentucky
5) Host a fun bow camp at my cabin in Kalkaska County in October
6) Join my buddies again for the gun opener in SW Michigan

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
1. Hopefully he able to get out a few times and enjoy the woods. Looks like another super busy fall for me. :(

2. Get all the kids out for youth season and try and pop a couple more cherrys.

3. shoot a 30pter!

4. I hope I get lost.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Goals are fairly consistent from year to year for me.
Number one ... put venison in the freezer!!!!
Two... hunt NeLP state land hard during the rut and hope for a few sightings/chances at a mature buck.
Three ... (This one's new) Take my first deer ever with a crossbow since my shoulder is preventing me from shooting the compound.
<----<<<

21 - 40 of 64 Posts