Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! What are your goals for the upcoming season? I have 2 goals myself;

Since I recently purchased my first saddle, I would like to try more/different areas and get comfortable climbing trees.

My second is to focus on shifting bad hunting days into learning days and try new tactics and strategies. I would like to get comfortable just doing something different than just sitting in the same tree day-after-day.

What are your goals?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
1) Make it thru the season happy and healthy. As I approach 60 some of the things I used to do are are harder or impossible. I don't need any injuries from my pursuit of venison.
2) Harness and tie off 100% from the time I leave the ground till the time I return to the ground, every time all the time! I have tendency after I get comfortable to climb my ladder without being tied off and then connecting up in the tree.

·
Registered
22,303 Posts
To be watching deer while holding a tag again.
(It's not the same as during off season.)
And appreciating the opportunities should they arise , to have one in range and a good shot position.
If they're passed it will still be a delight. Just to be in those moments of chance.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Goals....
1. Make it to camp safe
2. Enjoy time with my dad. Almost 81 and still going at it.
3. Enjoy time with my buddies
4. See some deer
5. Shoot a buck but only if its worthy of going on the wall
6. Eat good food
7. Soak up every sunrise and sunset and the moments in between because the older I get, the faster they all go

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
#1 Spend as much time hunting with the old man as I can when gun season gets here.

#2 Get close enough to 1 that gives me that metal taste in my mouth while I'm trying to swallow my heart back down where it belongs... then hold it together long enough to put an arrow through his vitals.

#3 Would also love to shoot something out of my saddle with my 50cal muzzy pistol.

#4 convince my 15 yr old nephew that he doesn't need to check his cameras every other day :LOL:

#5 Make it out alive

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hey everyone! What are your goals for the upcoming season? I have 2 goals myself;

Since I recently purchased my first saddle, I would like to try more/different areas and get comfortable climbing trees.

My second is to focus on shifting bad hunting days into learning days and try new tactics and strategies. I would like to get comfortable just doing something different than just sitting in the same tree day-after-day.

What are your goals?
1. To duck hunt in early October to take pressure of my property.
2. Get this food plot to come in a little nicer than last year, with a more variety of forage.
3. Shoot an elk in Colorado, and 2 whitetails here at my house.
4. Help with Pop's hunting how ever I can. He's going to get a surgery soon that will put major restrictions on his abilities. He will get it done, always does. He just might not enjoy the way he has to do it as much.

Good luck with your goals everybody, cool thread.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts