· Registered
5,540 Posts

· Registered
4,701 Posts
Friday's haul

Food Plant Ingredient Natural foods Leaf vegetable

Sunday's haul

Food Plant Tableware Ingredient Natural foods

Garden is starting to put out - got zukes, cukes, sunsugar tomatoes, beans, and peas this weekend.

The pepper plants are going gangbusters, tomatoes are taking forever to ripen but I've got some HUGE Brandywine and Big Rainbow, spaghetti squash are the size of mini footballs, and acorn squash are softball size. Watermelons need to get their @$$ in gear - have a bunch but the biggest is about the size of a baseball.

I had a sunsugar and yellow pear tomato plant get so big they pulled over the cage and I had to support with rebar. If I was to straighten out the branches on the yellow pear it's gotta be close to 10ft.

· Registered
3,244 Posts
Yesterday morning I looked outside and was shocked to see that I had left the garden gate open. I figured something would take full advantage of this.

Immediately noticed a good grooming of the carrots tops. Then saw some beans had been chowed on, swiss chard, and tomatoes were hit pretty good.

Cripes, could have been a lot worse. Got lucky it was just one deer. She only stepped off the fabric once where I could see her tracks.

Note to self: CLOSE THE DAMN GATE!

· Registered
966 Posts
Yesterday morning I looked outside and was shocked to see that I had left the garden gate open. I figured something would take full advantage of this.

Immediately noticed a good grooming of the carrots tops. Then saw some beans had been chowed on, swiss chard, and tomatoes were hit pretty good.

Cripes, could have been a lot worse. Got lucky it was just one deer. She only stepped off the fabric once where I could see her tracks.

Maybe a smart deer figured out how to open it. Don’t admit anything.

49,354 Posts

She was waiting in the weeds, watching for her opportunity.

· Registered
3,244 Posts
Burpee "Big guy" Jalapeño for those interested. The plants grow very healthy and pods are huge.

View attachment 847685
I know I took a picture, but can't seem to find it. We had a double-embrio jalapeno. Large size, but double width. First one I'd ever grown.

We cut it open and two seed pod clusters

· Registered
7,042 Posts
The good sister...
My sister came over today to hang out with my wife and her girl friend and lounge in the pool.
I took off and went shooting.
My sister noticed I had a lot of weed in my garden. So she weeded it.
Dang ! It looks nice.
Since the deer took my beans twice, I kind of said screw it.
Love my baby sister

Sent from my SM-A102U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

521 - 540 of 756 Posts