Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
More jalapeños and pickles. I’m having more and more people wanting my pickles. Sooo good. But will continue with beans, tomatoes, winter squash and carrots. My wife also have 4 planter boxes on deck which she does all herbs. She starts drying as soon as possible. Can’t wait. My ground is way to wet to till. Need it to dry out some.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
We plant purple beans too. But they’re bush beans. The purple is nice because they’re easier to spot when picking. My wife does all the picking of beans. Usually. I focus on the cukes for pickles and tomatoes for canning.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
We didn’t plant till the week after Memorial Day too. Things are looking good. Pepper plants aren’t as big as I’d like to see. I just fertilized with fish emulsion yesterday so the rain today is perfect. I’ll use the fish emulsion the next few weeks to see if it helps or not. I’ve only heard good things about it. Can’t wait to make some more pickles. I’m out of the garlic jalapeño variety. I need to make more this year. Only made it to Memorial Day before running out of them. I’ll try to get some pics too.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Put up a half gallon, 7 quarts and a pint of pickles and the wife did nine jelly jars of mixed veggies for the baby yesterday. As long as it stays warm looks like we will get one more good picking of beans. Tomatoes are way behind. And if the tomatillos don’t get moving we will only get a few. Pickles have been consistently strong this year. Picking almost
Daily.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
May I ask, did you grow the rosemary? We did a patch of it last year. Winter killed it. We were hoping a ton of mulch would keep the roots alive, but not so much.

We're I grew up it was living all over. My parents would send me out to collect some anytime a bird was heading for the webber:)
My wife actually brought ours in the house in a pot last winter and it made it. Replanted it and it’s about 2’ tall now. Imagine she’ll keep doing that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts