Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Usual garden box variety. Peppers, cherry tomatoes, celebrity tomatoes, cucumbers both regular and pickling, Also tossed a zucchini in a box that did not look like it was going to make it this year I'm probably going to have to rebuild it real soon. Also first year trying some mountain fresh tomatoes you guys have talked about. One of them the leaves are curled up pretty bad not sure what's going on with this plant the rest of them look fine lots of new growth coming from it with tomatoes on it.
Plant Plant community Sky Natural landscape Tree

Plant Fines herbes Shrub Grass Groundcover
Plant Building Window Plant community Tree

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Not sure exactly on the process as I did not participate last year. It was the first year my wife tried canning/jarring up pickles. She used these last year and will do it again. Very tasty.
Food Ingredient Recipe Natural foods Cuisine

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Have made those. Surprisingly good
Yeah she's done those before. And it's been a couple years since using diced zucchini in spaghetti sauce instead of meat that's a pretty good option also sometimes. Kind of tricks you to think there is meat in there when eating it LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
Seeing evidence of hornworms on a few tomato plants, haven’t been able to find them though….
Seems like we get them SOB's every year. No evidence yet. The wife will see them easier than me. Plucks them off and gives them to her girls {chickens}. Posted a pic in either last years thread or the year before with one being covered in wasp eggs....I'll look for it. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts