Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
My son has always been into doing vegetable gardens, the last 2 years he’s had a 12’x12’ area to plant a few things in. A couple weeks ago I bought a new tiller and I’m putting in a 30’x50’ garden for him to go crazy in. We’ve already mapped out what we’re putting in and where. Asparagus, tomatoes, corn, cucumbers (pickling and salad), cantaloupe, watermelon, and green beans. My sweet potatoes I’ll continue to do in my containers. I’ve used 55 gallon drums the last few years and I’m finally nailing down the recipe for best growth.

·
Registered
376 Posts
So... forecast was 42F for a low last night. Weather sites say it is currently 41 so close enough.
THERE IS *** FROST ON MY LAWN.

we covered the new plants on the deck but my local thermometer says it got down to 34F, which makes a lot more sense with the frost.
Same thing for me this morning. I had to run out at 8 A.M. my car said it was 42 out but I had frost on the ground, thought that was kind of interesting.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My 7 year old finished planting his corn yesterday, he now has cauliflower, pickling cucumbers, regular cucumbers, peppers, peas, both regular and sweet potatoes, and corn planted. I had to have him scale back on his watering, he was killing them with love.

He’s also been going over and helping our neighbor weed his strawberry patch. And taking care of his chicken that’s gone Broody on a dozen eggs. I sure wasn’t thinking about this kind of stuff when I was 7, but at least I know he can survive if SHTF….

1 - 4 of 4 Posts