Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,971 Posts
We tried raised beds a few years back. Worked fine, but eventually the boards rotted away and we needed to redo the whole thing.

Once we started using fabric, it just made things a lot easier. Cover it and forget it.

I've got a buddy that has a much larger garden and he uses 4' fabric between rows. After planting its a breeze with very little maintenance and watering. The fabric helps retain hydration.

No weeds accept right around the plants.. pretty easy to maintain. It is an expense, but I've been able to reuse these a few times.
I like raised beds. Easier for me to take care of one bed at a time. Makes rotation from year to year easy too.

·
Super Moderator
28,971 Posts
My fridge pickles are just that. Dill, garlic and pickles in a brine of vinegar and water at a ratio of 3 part water to 1 part vinegar. Pack in jars and refrigerate. Some last year thought my 2 to 1 ratio was a bit too strong so I made some this year with 3 to 1.

·
Super Moderator
28,971 Posts
No salt needed
Like I said “refrigerator pickles. Or fresh pickles. A takeoff from sliced cukes in water vinegar mixture.
No canning involved. Will stay good for months in the fridge. After awhile they will get softer but they don’t last that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts