Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
161 - 180 of 278 Posts

· Registered
2,314 Posts
The pics you can't post on Facebook edition.

Fish and I had a great time yesterday making the best of the conditions at a bingo. With a small pocket and ice, chasing birds sucks. So squeeze until click.

Canadian National caught multiple shells. Folded on the ice shelf next to the pocket. Then it stood up, looked around like it was no big deal and started casually walking, the entire time spraying the ice with red.

These birds are stupid tough sometimes.

Water Sky Water resources Fluid Liquid

· Registered
970 Posts
Nice! You guys got into them!

We should have had a bluebill in boat and a couple more mallards but that's how it goes. I could get used to diver hunting especially when the weather is like this. It was pretty toasty in the boat with the heater and boat blind. Lol.

· Registered
3,664 Posts
wow that’s a crazy mixed bag - one for the memory books! No coots? Lol
Didn’t need the coots! We shot:
Canvasback
Redhead
Ringneck
Ruddy
Bufflehead
Gwt
Wigeon
Mallard
Black
Black/Mallard hybrid
We earned them it was brutal

· Registered
289 Posts
Went out this morning chasing divers and squaw in a layout hunt with a guide, and it was epic (first time duck hunting where my wife and I have seen ducks - but pretty much new to it). We were pretty much in birds constantly (probably had more than a couple of hundred work over us and saw who knows how many more, and if I wasn't so rusty shooting we probably would have had a limit in an hour or two. Even the blind squirrel finds a nut though - and we ended up shooting a limit with 2 beautiful drakes, and a wall hanger hen. Most hillarious moment was the redheads that buzzed us without a shot fired - the other half figured I must not be shooting for a reason. Planning on getting the drake below and the nice hen mounted in the pair (any suggestions on a good taxidermist?). Heading out again tomorrow.
Wood Fawn Art Terrestrial animal Fur

161 - 180 of 278 Posts