Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

2022 DUCK SEASON PICS

34856 277
Time to kick it off again! Let's see some pictures to help the working folk get through the brutal fall work weeks.

Took to the UP on a whim, did a little scouting and though I found no ducks, found good habitat, trusted my selection, and was rewarded with a little blue rocket action on the opener!

Water Plant Sky Watch Lake
1 - 20 of 278 Posts
Cloud Water Sky Water resources People in nature
Water resources Water Plant Vegetation Watercourse

It’s been a good time chasing teal so far this year. A buddy and I both got our limits on the opener and my little brother got his first ever teal on day 2 of the season.
Sure is nice when things work out that way! Trusting good habitat vs. seeing ducks is tough to do at times - well done!
Thank you - very satisfying! Drove 7 hours north of home, then spent the next 4 scouting for ducks/campsite. Finding birds is not easy in the heat of the afternoon!

As always, "could" have had a little better shoot that morning but really like to be sure of ID in this time of year.

That looks like an awesome shoot Slayer!
Sure is nice when things work out that way! Trusting good habitat vs. seeing ducks is tough to do at times - well done!
Reactions: don novicki
Looks like a good shoot. Did not see a teal in mid Michigan marsh. Ohio friends in Lake Erie marsh area did not see any blue wings. Your picture paints a confusing picture. All my duck friends are hoping they show up this weekend.
We shot 16 teal opening day. His picture is accurate. Just gotta find them.
Reactions: don novicki
I was able to sneak out with the other half and a friend yesterday. We had a great time. It was sure nice to be back in the marsh! As usual, had them in the decoys before shooting light and had some missed opportunities. Those little guys are fast and they were sneaking up on us. Lol By the time we id'd them it was too late to get a shot off. Still the dog got to make a couple retrieves.

(I stole this pic from my friend. He had the good camera out.)

Water Plant Water resources Vegetation Watercourse
We were able to get limits of geese this weekend here in Ohio, opening day we had 9 guys limit was 5 geese = 45 geese.
Shoe Grass Fish Groundcover Seafood
Had a couple great shots paired with some spectacular misses. Fun times with the kids to start the season off!

Water Sky Plant Nature Cloud

Water Sky Dog Cloud Working animal

Water Sky Liquid Lake Natural landscape

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Banded blue wing, banded a year ago, in New York. 440 miles away.
Bird Beak Grass Watch Wildlife biologist

Sent from my SM-G981U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Congratulations on the band!
Banded blue wing, banded a year ago, in New York. 440 miles away. View attachment 852687

Sent from my SM-G981U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
I had a couple of pals come visit me at the Lake Gogebic launch last week. They came so close I probably could've picked one up and took him home as a pet....or dinner.
Road surface Wood Asphalt Grey Grass
When the time came, he fired straight and true.
He will remember that moment with clarity until the day he dies.
A proud moment for dad.
View attachment 856569
My sons first duck
Hen bluebill water swat :)
Not too bad of an opener, couple more geese didnt make it in the picture. Had a lot of mallards that almost did it but must have had a little something off in the spread. Oh what could have been. Still plenty of fun, and the dog was on his game! Retrieved them all, with most being head up when they splashed. No losses. Thats a win in my book!

Attachments

Nice spot. Mosey down around 6:30, plenty of time to be ready at shooting. We slept in up at 3:45.
not great not bad opening day

View attachment 859024
lots of work to make it a nice spot

TD
Nice spot. Mosey down around 6:30, plenty of time to be ready at shooting. We slept in up at 3:45.
1 - 20 of 278 Posts