Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
why are veterans so special they are adults just like cops and firefighters do they need a special season too.
Are you serious?? Have you risked your life for all US citizens freedom, even if they don’t support you or appreciate you? Have you spent months or years away from friends and family on foreign soil to protect said freedom? Have you suffered debilitating physical or psychological damage from doing a job you volunteered or were mandated to do? Those are just a few things that make them special. Not to be confused with the window licking Neanderthal “special”.

I would support a first responder season before doing away with the veterans/youth hunt. And I would not qualify for either.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Are you serious?? Have you risked your life for all US citizens freedom, even if they don’t support you or appreciate you? Have you spent months or years away from friends and family on foreign soil to protect said freedom? Have you suffered debilitating physical or psychological damage from doing a job you volunteered or were mandated to do? Those are just a few things that make them special. Not to be confused with the window licking Neanderthal “special”.

I would support a first responder season before doing away with the veterans/youth hunt. And I would not qualify for either.
To the complaintant : it’s only a weekend.
To the others: let it go there’s enough animosity going around these days.
Personally I’d give the vets a week. Think of all the hunting time they didn’t get to have while on deployment.

We have to stick together, guys.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Ditto! Thanks Lobrass and CraigH13 for the summary and committing your time to CWAC.

And, I couldn’t agree more with Jerry Lamb. Let it go. And, our vets deserve a lot more than a weekend.
Just to clarify, I am not on CWAC. I was just streaming the meeting while I was working. Well, trying to work. I try and stay connected to whoever I can to stay in the loop of things.

·
Registered
17,726 Posts
Will Muskegon and Fennville still get to run seasons outside of the "normal" seasons? Kind of nice to have them as options when nothing else is available.​

·
Registered
60 Posts
Will Muskegon and Fennville still get to run seasons outside of the "normal" seasons? Kind of nice to have them as options when nothing else is available.​
Muskegon and Fennville are both special management units, and they can follow the special management unit season framework. They will continue to be open outside regular season dates.

·
Registered
17,726 Posts
Thanks Brad.

Had one goose hunt this year at Muskegon where 20 would not have been an issue. Hauling them out though...

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
FYI, I got an email today from Don Avers the Waterfowl Workgroup and DNR coordinator (apologize if I wronged your title Don).

The DNR decided to officially submit to the NRC a mirror recommendation of CWAC's proposal. This is a huge step in getting the CWAC recommendations to be accepted by the NRC.

Glad to hear this and hopefully we will have it. Thank you DNR Waterfowl Workgroup.

Carry on.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts