Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Forget this measly 2 day thing some people call a split, give us a real front load split like almost all the other states get, deer season conflict should be minimal now since gun season never seems to shut down anymore anyway.
If the DNR wants to kill deer in November?, tell duck hunters they cant hunt hunt Nov 15th- Nov 21.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hopefully someone will remember..... I think we had a late split that allowed 4 days? Does anyone remember the year? Also we had a season that had a duel split. It was open and then closed for 14 days and then reopened. I personally thought that made great sense. If somebody remembers these date, post up. I am sure I not going crazy.

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
11-7 right now in favor of 1/1 &1/2.

Look dudes, there will not be an extension of the 2 day late split. None of the data support extending anything beyond a couple days.

Keep them comments coming waterfowlers...great feedback thus far.

·
Premium Member
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
FYI, I represent Waterfowl USA and will vote according to my constituencies wishes.

I just felt like this topic needed a little publicity as it is about the only issue that CWAC will be discussing that needs a vote. Seasons are about set already with very little flexibility.

Pretty straight forward meeting actually.

·
Registered
60 Posts
FYI, I represent Waterfowl USA and will vote according to my constituencies wishes.

I just felt like this topic needed a little publicity as it is about the only issue that CWAC will be discussing that needs a vote. Seasons are about set already with very little flexibility.

Pretty straight forward meeting actually.
I asked this same question on the Muskegon wastewater Facebook page today as well. About 2/3rds wanted January 1/2 opposed to Dec 18/19. I assume since the Todd farm numbers on mallards go up the more frozen the surrounding area is, the majority there would prefer later dates for the split as well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
There was actually a 4 day split just a few years back...2015 or so?
I have been looking for old season dates. I was thinking the 4 day split was the early 2000’s like 03/04

21 - 40 of 91 Posts