Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, they happen when they happen.
I'm very short on making plans.
whenever Wife has a weekend free from work, we ride!

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Anyone have trips planned for this year?
3 maybe 5 trips this year, Memorial weekend, 4th of July, Riding and berry picking, Early August, riding and berry picking,
Labor day riding and maybe digging seng if berries are turning, Oct for Send and maybe bear. All trips are mountain camping, (no fees, just find a flat spot and camp. )..Trails vary in size, reclaimed mountain top removal mining spots, semis could pass, safely. Basically dirt road riding. Hollers, creeks, and mountainside trails are a little different. No permits, trail stickers, or helmets are required. I refuse to ride in Michigan anymore. Been going down for almost 20 years now. Literally hundreds of miles in any direction to ride.

If you like ATV'ing, you will love this type of riding. Been doing it almost 20 years now, Refuse to ride in Michigan anymore.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
3 maybe 5 trips this year, Memorial weekend, 4th of July, Riding and berry picking, Early August, riding and berry picking,
Labor day riding and maybe digging seng if berries are turning, Oct for Send and maybe bear. All trips are mountain camping, (no fees, just find a flat spot and camp. )..Trails vary in size, reclaimed mountain top removal mining spots, semis could pass, safely. Basically dirt road riding. Hollers, creeks, and mountainside trails are a little different. No permits, trail stickers, or helmets are required. I refuse to ride in Michigan anymore. Been going down for almost 20 years now. Literally hundreds of miles in any direction to ride.

If you like ATV'ing, you will love this type of riding. Been doing it almost 20 years now, Refuse to ride in Michigan anymore.
What state?

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
NO, just east of Charleston, near the turnpike, One of our rides actually uses a drain to go under the turnpike.

·
Registered
124 Posts

I've ridden in KY and TN a few times. Great riding. But Michigan is closer and still is good to ride. I have a cabin in NW Gladwin County so Denton Creek, Liota, St. Helen and Gladwin trails are close enough ride. I'd rather ride in MI often than someplace out of state once in awhile.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Memorial weekend im gonna drop the trailer off at st helen saturday evening and ride my sxs up from my house in Sanford sunday. will be a good little trip.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Wow, Sanford to St. Helen! Sounds like a helluva trip.
Yeah should be good fun i think. i ride up to gladwin all the time to grim hill and up fire road. figured hell, ill make a better trip of it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
We sold our quad a little over a month ago and put a deposit on a 4 seater sxs that's supposed to be delivered this month. So we are sitting and waiting for it to show. We do a group ride 100-125mi ride in october for fall colors in the vanderbilt/atlanda/burt lake area. Have done it a couple times and love the ride. Didn't go last year due to my wife being pregnant. We usually ride the UP sometime in august, but we'll see if that happens since we don't have a camper anymore either, and there is no big family camping trip planned like the previous 3 summers. Also ride around the baldwin area while visiting friends in Hawkins.

We have a trailer and two tow vehicles. So we are looking for riding partners in the western michigan area. Just need the machine to show up and a babysitter lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Take pics please!!! I can’t wait to get up there and ride!!!
What areas do you like to ride there the best?
We tent to hit the Hill, then head over to mack lake.
other times we park on m33 and hit the trails and just ride, then turn around and head back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We used to ride Bull Gap and all over that area years ago, then we sold our quads. Hubby got his dads old dirt bike running last year and well, he cant go ride alone...lol, so I got a little 500cc to start riding the trails again this year, I cannot wait. I miss being out in the woods like that. We keep our camper in Mio, and we can ride from the parking lot. Id love to hit the UP this year and ride those trails along Lake Superior.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts