Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
No worries there as I don’t post on social media hardly ever. I could care less about that. Seems like Michigan is going to suck for everything from waterfowl to deer to turkeys before too long. It’s pathetic.
Populations of these species are doing well enough to convince biologists to increase our daily bag limit and even promote increased harvest, but you are worried about their future?

I guess at face values increased limits could look a little scary, but these are not just shoot-from-the-hip decisions. I see it as more of a testament to how successfully these populations have bounced back.

to keep on topic

Vertebrate Bird Mammal Wood Art

·
Registered
328 Posts
Almost every state in the upper Mid West went to 5 birds the whole season, should take a little pressure off the duck spots and put more hunters in the corn fields, long term not sure its a great idea.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
No worries there as I don’t post on social media hardly ever. I could care less about that. Seems like Michigan is going to suck for everything from waterfowl to deer to turkeys before too long. It’s pathetic.
Why is it going to suck? I think our opportunities are fantastic. If people are struggling to harvest anything they themselves need to figure out what they are doing wrong.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Why is it going to suck? I think our opportunities are fantastic. If people are struggling to harvest anything they themselves need to figure out what they are doing wrong.
Not going to get into that on here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion lol. We have great opportunities I’m not saying that. Things could definitely be managed better is all I’m saying.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
View attachment 791642

Had a quick little hunt this morning in our backyard flooding. My hubby shot the first mallard taken out of it today. A juvie drake. This is the first year that we've actually seen mallards using it which is pretty exciting. Had the usual wood ducks buzz us at first light but they were sure hard to see.
I love this man for hunting in a tie! Now that's classy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keep those pictures coming!! We moved to Tucson from Traverse City almost 3 years ago due to work and have not been able to hunt since. Getting the house ready to sell and heading back north in the spring. God I miss the duck waters.
My dogs like this weather, and let them chase decoys in the pool in between weekly hunting practice with a local GSP group over live quail and pigeons. Hope they can hold the hope long enough to get back up there.
Dog Couch Braque francais Carnivore Dog breed

101 - 120 of 129 Posts