Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
East side of Lake st.clair
Bird was banded this year in Saginaw County, about 100 miles away
How much shooting did you hear? I didn't see many ducks flying Saturday either....weird with the weather we had.
Have a good season young man. I used to freelance Canada a ton.
Once turned left out of Pike Creek when I should have taken a right.
OPP set me straight in the most courteous way.
Go Leafs! This is the year!(?)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It was a war zone over hear as per usual! Lots of birds moving. Mostly in the sanctuary. Steady stream all day moving in there. We didn’t get the best spot Saturday morning but managed a woody, pintail, gadwall, spooner and a mallard. Sunday afternoon we shot 7 mallards with the one band. Good luck to you as well! And yes this year is the leafs year. Maybe next. Lol

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
South zone opener. Been a great weekend so far. Two bands & 42 birds so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Dog Carnivore Collar Mammal Dog breed

Took a little break in September from hunting to run 3 hunt tests. Bravo earned his HRCH title. It's a goal I wasn't sure I'd accomplish but with a lot of encouragement from friends at the local HRC club I finally had the courage to try. He's my first dog and I trained him myself. It's been a journey and I've learned so much over the last few years with him. Couldn't ask for a better hunting buddy. ❤

Water Plant Vertebrate Tree Lake

My usual spots weren't really holding birds but I got invited on a fun hunt a couple days before the close of early season. Bravo enjoyed himself too. ;)

Dog Dog breed Working animal Water Carnivore

Opened the 2021 season with an opening morning spot at Shiawassee. I even connected with every bird that I shot at. I may as well just quit now. 😅

·
Registered
829 Posts
Water Plant Hunting People in nature Beard

Had a quick little hunt this morning in our backyard flooding. My hubby shot the first mallard taken out of it today. A juvie drake. This is the first year that we've actually seen mallards using it which is pretty exciting. Had the usual wood ducks buzz us at first light but they were sure hard to see.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts