Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah that I never thought of that but now I can see talking about going to try another area tomorrow probably the same problem

·
Registered
738 Posts
Decided against,4hrs of driving and few fish for them youngins,want to make it a fun day for their first trip.Left up to me id be exploring and in attack mode,gonna wait a bit before introducing them to Erie Gold.GL out there,wishing i was there!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
We were making way more bait fish by stony pt than down by e buoy. Caught a 10 1/2 incher with 7 shiners in it and my hook was # 8. Lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
We were making way more bait fish by stony pt than down by e buoy. Caught a 10 1/2 incher with 7 shiners in it and my hook was # 8. Lol
Bill, talked to a charter captain on Tuesday when we were cleaning our walleye at BBM and he was out all that morning searching. He was at the water intake, Toledo Light, E-buoy and Sputnik and he only had 50. Somebody said a boat got a three man limit in front of Fermi, with all the bait fish we were marking Not too sure about that one.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Forgot to ask 1 question, did you or the roofer know the guy who drowned at the gas dock in Brest Bay Marina. They told us today, changed over to perch gear, that he had a dock line wrapped around his wrist, but could not get back in the boat. He and his boat drifted almost to My Boat and wedged against a Sea Ray and a guy going out spotted him and called 911. So sad, getting old is a bitch. I did not know him.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Forgot to ask 1 question, did you or the roofer know the guy who drowned at the gas dock in Brest Bay Marina. They told us today, changed over to perch gear, that he had a dock line wrapped around his wrist, but could not get back in the boat. He and his boat drifted almost to My Boat and wedged against a Sea Ray and a guy going out spotted him and called 911. So sad, getting old is a bitch. I did not know him.
We know him..and it’s terrible..wish I was there..he told holly it’s a beautiful day..beautiful day..buying crawlers..extremely hurt and he’s resting in peace..

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Yeah that is crazy, that's why I always say live today like there is no tomorrow. We are never guaranteed a tomorrow. We will be having a moment of silence tomorrow morning at the dock before heading out on the baits motel. RIP brother.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
As for the perch, I got a lot of intell that the bite was slow yesterday due to the cold front. It had the fish inactive on Erie and st Clair. Just have to get lucky and find some feeding schools. A year ago this weekend we got 90 Saturday, 150 Sunday. We will see what happens, can't catch if we don't try. Good luck and hookem in the lips on a hali jig.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Took my dad and brother out of bolles yesterday....first time I’ve been on Erie in 6weeks or more.... tried at E —nothin, dumping grounds—nadda, went to the state line towards Toledo light (no Ohio papers) got 15 in about an hour....then done went north on the line to a couple more stops....NOTHING went to 1&2....same story. Went back to launch with tails tucked but it was a BEAUTIFUL day on the water with my dad and brother.

I would STRONGLY recommend going SOUTH for perch rather than north right now....there’s perch there at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 20 of 27 Posts