Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Robert88,

Since you asked are you in the CO Elk points race too?
GrizzlyHunter, Yes, I am collecting points as well. I got into it a couple years ago and now my preference/bonus point list is at 6 states. I plan on going out to WY this year for my first elk. I have 4 points in CO but not sure what I want to do with them yet.

2021 Plans include
MI Spring Turkey hunt
MI Deer hunt
WY Elk hunt
WY Antelope hunt
U.P. Fish and Camp trip
Northern Canada fishing trip if they open the border
And hopefully some out of state weekend scouting trips

And if any other out of state opportunities comes up I'm down

The states I am building points in or plan on hunting OTC tags in the near future include
Antelope in SD, WY, CO, AZ
Deer in CO, WY, IA, KS, UT, OK, MO, NV
Elk in CO, WY, MI, UT, AZ
Bear in MI, ME
Turkey in CO, AL, FL, TN

My motto is- have gun and rod, willing to travel.

I am also open to meeting new hunting partners and planning new adventures.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The draw closed here yesterday for elk. We should know by 2nd week of March. If I’m not lucky here I’ll be heading to CO. to hang with some friends, hunt blues and fish. If fuel prices go over $5 a gal. I won’t bother.

·
Registered
891 Posts
GrizzlyHunter, Yes, I am collecting points as well. I got into it a couple years ago and now my preference/bonus point list is at 6 states. I plan on going out to WY this year for my first elk. I have 4 points in CO but not sure what I want to do with them yet.

2021 Plans include
MI Spring Turkey hunt
MI Deer hunt
WY Elk hunt
WY Antelope hunt
U.P. Fish and Camp trip
Northern Canada fishing trip if they open the border
And hopefully some out of state weekend scouting trips

And if any other out of state opportunities comes up I'm down

The states I am building points in or plan on hunting OTC tags in the near future include
Antelope in SD, WY, CO, AZ
Deer in CO, WY, IA, KS, UT, OK, MO, NV
Elk in CO, WY, MI, UT, AZ
Bear in MI, ME
Turkey in CO, AL, FL, TN

My motto is- have gun and rod, willing to travel.

I am also open to meeting new hunting partners and planning new adventures.
Given that you are already buying the base license in AZ, you should also buy deer and sheep points.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Just added another week in Alaska. Originally posted in this thread about going to Kodiak Island/Raspberry Island Lodge for 4 days of sea duck hunting with blacktail deer on the side. My buddies were planning a trip to Adak island for roughly two weeks after my adventure HOWEVER due to travel itinerary changes, we will be crossing paths in Anchorage on the same day. So rather than catch a flight back home, I opted to jump on a plane with them for a week on Adak, again primarily for waterfowl but this time with a side of Caribou.
My buddy was one of the 25 lucky non-resident hunters to draw an emperor goose tag and that should add a special flavor to the trip. Hoping for an eurasian widgeon, aleutian teal and maybe a pacific eider to go along with the Barrows goldeneye and harlequin from the first week. I'm starting to think that the taxidermy bill is going to be the biggest expense of the trip!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Been talking with my buddy who lives in idaho and it looks like winter has been somewhat mild there. I think he's more pumped up for my elk tag than I am, I'm amped for both tags but more for the mule deer tag.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts