Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Myself, brushbuster, kozbow, and Leon1 leave for Kodiak Island to hunt blacktail on Nov. 1st! I might add a caribou tag but it'll be a last minute decision if I do, otherwise 2 blacktail tags.
Brushy and I are also 95% on an elk trip to MT in September. The place we hunted in Idaho is right up against the MT line so we could access from the ID side. We also have made friends while hunting elk in Idaho that moved to MT and I have another contact that has been egging me on to come to MT for elk. We have options!
I will still keep my lease in KY for deer and go whenever I have a free weekend Sept. - December.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Myself, brushbuster, kozbow, and Leon1 leave for Kodiak Island to hunt blacktail on Nov. 1st! I might add a caribou tag but it'll be a last minute decision if I do, otherwise 2 blacktail tags.
Brushy and I are also 95% on an elk trip to MT in September. The place we hunted in Idaho is right up against the MT line so we could access from the ID side. We also have made friends while hunting elk in Idaho that moved to MT and I have another contact that has been egging me on to come to MT for elk. We have options!
I will still keep my lease in KY for deer and go whenever I have a free weekend Sept. - December.
Where at in Montana? I'm looking at moving to Noxon, Trout Creek area.

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Reactions: Swampdog467

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'll be heading to Illinois on the booner quest. things took a turn this year as we lost one of hunting spots. So the early spring will be a Search and acquire new permission trip. I'm hoping I can come up with some more options for next year.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Spring bear on tap if the border is open. Postponed in 2020. Rifle mule deer in MT with a couple buddies. Also working on access in IN to bowhunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sounds like lots of fun hunts planned for this coming year. I am usually looking forward to the new year to look at applications etc but this year is worse than last . Not knowing if the border will be open so kinda hard to put in for anything then if it does open in the fall be too late uggh. Looks like I'll miss Kansas, Montana and Iowa for sure but at least I will be able to buy a tag for Michigan and Nebraska if they do open up ! Still will be looking forward to reading about everyones hunts though !!

·
Registered
936 Posts
So far for 2021, nothing is set in stone yet, but here it is:

Fall, pre deer season: Salmon fishing
September: West Virginia bear hunting
October/Nov: Iowa bow rut hunt (sitting at 4 points currently, calling outfitters this weekend)
Mixed in: More steelhead fishing

Other than that, i have started a spreadsheet for future years. Will be applying for points in multiple states for Elk. And knowing it can take years to get drawn, I also plan on applying for big horn sheep and moose hunts.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have 3points for a west River deer tag in SD, hoping we draw
Which unit? I have 4 points now and think I’m going to wait until I can draw 35A. 27B has good draw rates for 3 points

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just applied for my Wyoming General Elk bowhunting tag today. I'm hoping I draw with 3 preference points, but it will be close. My hunting buddy put in for the special tag, so he will probably draw a tag. DIY hunt, will be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just applied for my Wyoming General Elk bowhunting tag today. I'm hoping I draw with 3 preference points, but it will be close. My hunting buddy put in for the special tag, so he will probably draw a tag. DIY hunt, will be a lot of fun.
I also applied for this with 3 points. Will be iffy to draw.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Between myself, my buddy who lives in idaho and a member from a different forum who also lives in idaho got spots picked out for both mule deer and elk. Gear wise got a new scope on the way for the 300 win mag plus a magazine conversion kit to make it detachable magazine. Time to start prepping getting ready for the mountains again shape wise.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My son and I are sitting on enough points for AZ to hopefully draw bull tags this year. If not I’ll be going to N. CO. to hang with some good buds while they hunt elk. I’ll pick up a small game and fishing license. I was into blues big time last year while otc archery elk. 2-05 our javelina hunt starts. I’ll probably do late otc archery turkey as well. I need a couple more cottontails for the freezer. I just want a normal society and life back to be honest. Sick of the bs.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts