Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the season enters it's last month I'm already looking forward to next year's hunting and making plans.. Picked up my general deer tag and a sawtooth zone b elk tag so I'll be elk hunting for the first time in my life. Also plan on buying another iowa point and wyoming antelope point. Maybe try and convince some of the guys I hunt with to try and make a trip to wisconsin. What's everyone's plans for next year.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hoping my Alberta deer hunt gets rescheduled to next year...

Good chance of drawing a deer tag for west river SD, if we don’t draw will probably do the North Manitou Island hunt again.

Swinging for fences in Arizona for Elk, Deer, and sheep. Same for New Mexico Elk and Ibex.

Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
19 Posts
You guys get around. I always hunt i my home state of PA. Most years I also hunt in Vermont. Next year, I am thinking about skipping VT and spending the 1st week of rifle in the Upper Peninsula. I ordered an atlas of Michigan earlier and I’m going to start doing some research on where to go.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Mostly preference points. Colorado elk point 21, Wyoming elk point 11 and Maine moose chances are weird. I’m somewhere north of 25 on moose chances. I might grab some deer points, looking at Iowa.

I bought a Ravin R20 last week, great deal(25% off) but still expensive. So I’m thinking that’s my 2021 trip.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Mostly preference points. Colorado elk point 21, Wyoming elk point 11 and Maine moose chances are weird. I’m somewhere north of 25 on moose chances. I might grab some deer points, looking at Iowa.

I bought a Ravin R20 last week, great deal(25% off) but still expensive. So I’m thinking that’s my 2021 trip.
I am out of the loop on crossbows, that thing looks sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
If you have a Cabelas Club credit card, a Rakuten account and patience, then you can get a crossbow (including Ravin and Ten Point) for 25% off. A couple weeks ago I had 10% off, 15% cash back and got $50 in Cabelas points.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I am heading to Namibia at the end of May. I am pretty fired up for that. After that, I am not sure what lay ahead for me. I will obviously get my Michigan Bull Tag with max points this year, so I will be doing that. I would like to go out west, but I will probably just get points since I only have so much vacation time this year. Otherwise its just going to be the UP bird camp in late fall.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
As the season enters it's last month I'm already looking forward to next year's hunting and making plans.. Picked up my general deer tag and a sawtooth zone b elk tag so I'll be elk hunting for the first time in my life. Also plan on buying another iowa point and wyoming antelope point. Maybe try and convince some of the guys I hunt with to try and make a trip to wisconsin. What's everyone's plans for next year.
Our Idaho unit sold out yesterday. Bummed about that. Making plans for a fall AK adventure now. AK Spring black bear still a go so far, hopefully covid doesn't screw that up.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
I am heading to Namibia at the end of May. I am pretty fired up for that. After that, I am not sure what lay ahead for me. I will obviously get my Michigan Bull Tag with max points this year, so I will be doing that. I would like to go out west, but I will probably just get points since I only have so much vacation time this year. Otherwise its just going to be the UP bird camp in late fall.
Going to catch the Kudu rut?

I'm jealous! My original plan for 2022 Namibia was May, but then my wife and kids decided they want to go so I had to move it to summer break. Oh well. :)

Reactions: kroppe

·
Registered
46 Posts
2021 Alaska for a drop camp Caribou hunt out of Kozebue, taking my bow.
Wyoming deer last part of October first part of November depending on draw. Been fortunate going to Wyoming for for the last 10 years have never not pulled a tag. My luck will run out someday.
And will put in for a Wyoming Sheep tag even though a date with Sheryl Crow is more likely and that will never happen either....lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wyoming deer last part of October first part of November depending on draw. Been fortunate going to Wyoming for for the last 10 years have never not pulled a tag. My luck will run out someday.
And will put in for a Wyoming Sheep tag even though a date with Sheryl Crow is more likely and that will never happen either....lol
Are you legally required to have a guide to hunt caribou in Alaska?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You flying with Golden eagle?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Going to catch the Kudu rut?

I'm jealous! My original plan for 2022 Namibia was May, but then my wife and kids decided they want to go so I had to move it to summer break. Oh well. :)
I will not be going after kudu on this trip. I will be in hot pursuit of Eland, Gemsbok, Red Hartebeest and Warthog. Outside of that, its whatever opportunity tickles my fancy (and pocketbook). When I was in RSA 10yrs ago I was able to scratch my kudu itch then, but I will never say never is my old friend opportunity comes knocking at the door again!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts