Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
221 - 240 of 299 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,818 Posts
2 of my tomato plants look over hydrated now. Never once had that with raised bed. Makes me concerned it is something else. Then again it has been raining every day for a week or so.

What's odd is it is 2 of 4 plants and nothing else is looking bad. Just those 2, and there are 2 other tomato plants looking good next to them.

·
Premium Member
14,420 Posts
2 of my tomato plants look over hydrated now. Never once had that with raised bed. Makes me concerned it is something else. Then again it has been raining every day for a week or so.

What's odd is it is 2 of 4 plants and nothing else is looking bad. Just those 2, and there are 2 other tomato plants looking good next to them.
Can't rule out too much nitrogen.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Hmmm I did put some slow release at the base of the plants. I don't see any burn on leaves.

Could very well be root rot. Soil hasn't dried out for quite a while.
Looking at the pic I'd say the plant is overwatered or has a virus. I'd remove the straw around that tomato plant and see if that helps dry the soil out and conditions improve. Be sure not to move the straw towards the other tomato incase it is a virus.

·
Super Moderator
37,818 Posts
Looking at the pic I'd say the plant is overwatered or has a virus. I'd remove the straw around that tomato plant and see if that helps dry the soil out and conditions improve. Be sure not to move the straw towards the other tomato incase it is a virus.
Never had this happen before and it's weird to happen literally over night with a raised bed. I'm thinking too wet but could be a virus. I did pull the straw away from the base maybe 8" radius but might do more. Weather is supposed to be more dry coming up but might be too late.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Anyone know what kind of peppers these are? They were supposed to jalapeños. Clearly they’re not. A friend said Serrano but I’m not sold on that

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
They do look like those cubanelles. But could also be the shishito as well. I’ll see how long they get. Seems like the cubanelles are longer.

·
Super Moderator
37,818 Posts
They do look like those cubanelles. But could also be the shishito as well. I’ll see how long they get. Seems like the cubanelles are longer.
The cubanelles I've grown were pretty large. Probably 6-9". My shishito peppers are probably 3". Shishito and pepperoncini have very thin walls. Cubanelle are a fair bit thicker but not like a green pepper.

221 - 240 of 299 Posts