Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
This is the place to post your interest and your resume.
Many of the Teams have long been established either in whole or in part but every year new teams come in to existence and are welcomed with open wings.

Good luck,
T
I don't see the " sign-up thread" am I missing it somehow?
I pasted the instructions below from 2021 Spring Turkey Hunting Contest Rules
Teams must sign up in the sign-up thread before starting their team thread in the contest sub-forum.

Individuals looking to join a team, should sign up in the "Looking for a team" thread with their resume so that they can be "drafted"

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't see the " sign-up thread" am I missing it somehow?
I pasted the instructions below from 2021 Spring Turkey Hunting Contest Rules
Teams must sign up in the sign-up thread before starting their team thread in the contest sub-forum.

Individuals looking to join a team, should sign up in the "Looking for a team" thread with their resume so that they can be "drafted"
If you’re looking for a team, you can join the newly formed Unwanted!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
How the heck does this team format work? I'm unfamiliar.

I'll be out there for my second year turkey hunting. I got 3 of them last fall. Had a shot at one last spring and misjudged my distance.

If anybody needs a solo hunting noob for their team, fill me in on the details.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
53 Posts

I'll be out there for my second year turkey hunting. I got 3 of them last fall on public land. Had a shot at one last spring and misjudged my distance.

There is a scoring thread on the main page; basically you take measurements of your bird and it’s scored based on Spurs, beard, spread, etc. Team with the most points wins!

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
There is a scoring thread on the main page; basically you take measurements of your bird and it’s scored based on Spurs, beard, spread, etc. Team with the most points wins!
Well someone invite me. I'm a killing machine. (one season under my belt and I'm pretending I'm an expert)

·
Registered
96 Posts

I'll be out there for my second year turkey hunting. I got 3 of them last fall on public land. Had a shot at one last spring and misjudged my distance.

3 of them last fall? Is that legal?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'd also like to sign up for a team . Been gobbler hunting for about 25 years. Tag out around 80% and best was a 9 1/4" triple beard from 3 years back. Usually use a crossbow, but favorite hunts are calling in birds for newbies. Picked up m zz tag today and prepping for the opener. And about the logo, a bird giving the bird would be more my style.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Looking for a team. My avatar is my resume. Last three birds would measure 85,70,70.
Sounds like we have two of us committed to getting nice birds. If we can find 4 more willing to tag out we can put a stuffing on these things called snoods!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Solo hunter on public looking for a team. I have 4/17-23 and first week of June tag, but committed to getting it done opening week. Let’s go!!!

Last year I wasn’t part of a team, but took a nice big ol’ Tom. 1-1/2” and 1-1/8” spurs. Picture below.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Anyone still looking for another team member? Hunt private land in se mi and get one almost every spring. Usually hold out for a bigger bird. Forgot to sign up the last few years. My last few bird below.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 75 Posts