Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,820 Posts
I guess my assumption was wrong then. I know date and place is correct on my daughters white bass but her name is missing.
I bet you didn't check the box that says "include my name on the MA public database" when filling out the application.

·
Registered
890 Posts
As a teenager i entered and had the catch and release state record for bluegill (Colorado)...only time ive ever done master angler program...never entered in mi...i woulda had numerous smb and several pike last yr at least.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 51” Muskie wasn’t counted I guess because I didn’t have a ruler long enough to measure it on board
The fish in my profile pic is 52"... I never submitted it

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I just don't think a lot of fisherman submit. I never have. And I wonder what the walleye list would look like if the steelheaders shared what they got while the season was closed.

I had 6 specks last year that would have made the list, one in the top ten. Also would have made it with a pumpkinseed.

One thing that continues to stand out is why the northern part of the state produces the bulk of the big bluegills. Why is that?
I never have never will. I quit working for merit badges in 1960 (Cub scouts)

Hal

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I've never applied for one. Always sort of thought it would be cool to have one. I know I've caught some fish that would qualify. Just never put the effort into actually making it happen. I know, "sure you have Erik". "It aint a master angler if you dont record and report it".
I'm holding out till I catch the state record steelhead. Thats my goal!
Till then,
I record them all in the anals of my fishing logs for all posteriors sake :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts