Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to do a better job measuring my sturgeon and making sure to get a good picture this year. New ruler for that. If I had been able to take a good picture of every one I caught last year, I would have had 31 on the list, include half of the top 5 and two tied for 1st place at 72". I would have also tied for 6th with a big channel cat if it would have stopped flopping long enough to get a picture next to the ruler.

I did make the top 10 for redhorse sucker!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Always interesting to check it out! Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it seems like if some people could manage to get their fish weighed it might be a new state record. For example the cisco category.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
it was interesting to see where all the biggest walleye and kings were taken. have heard stories while steelhead fishing but I guess they might actually be true. never thought 15 pound walleye were possible from there.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
For all the big LSC gill pictures people post, it was very lightly represented.
I just don't think a lot of fisherman submit. I never have. And I wonder what the walleye list would look like if the steelheaders shared what they got while the season was closed.

I had 6 specks last year that would have made the list, one in the top ten. Also would have made it with a pumpkinseed.

One thing that continues to stand out is why the northern part of the state produces the bulk of the big bluegills. Why is that?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Strange, my kid got a master angler perch, got the letter and patch. Not on the list.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Perch my daughters white bass is listed but no name. I assumed its because they are minors under 18 years old. Maybe I am wrong if someone knows they can chime in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts