Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
im going to try walleyes this evening getting poles ready
Go get em Jacktown! Looking forward to the update!
I ACTUALLY LIKE WIND FROM SHORE FISHING BUT NO WALLEYES LAST NIGHT DID GET 3 BASS AND TRIED OUT NEW POLES SO WORTH IT
Sounds like a good evening,,I hope to get out next week but the forecast is calling for rain/snow mix at through Weds night. we will see what happens

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
yeah no wallies too cold still shallow fishing, just got 10 lb power pro 2 lb diameter on all my new rod and reels and more NED rigs TRY WED to cast from shore see how far will cast get a few bass

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
that 10 lb power pro 2 lb diameter is almost invisible i can barely see it and everything casts a mile with it

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
that 10 lb power pro 2 lb diameter is almost invisible i can barely see it and everything casts a mile with it
10lb that's 2 diameter? Haven't seen that, I'll have to get some & try it out. What color are you running?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
JUST GREEN was at Dunhams
I GOT SPIDERWIRE TOO was 3 lb diameter

Reactions: Namrock

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
8 lb power pro is 1lb diameter , thinking might be good NED rig , LONG CASTS FROM SHORE
Then later put on flyrod bluegills and crappie

Reactions: Namrock

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got out to a couple days ago. Last couple of hours of daylight, south wind, fishing the north bank, 12" deep, dark mucky bottom, and a feeder creek dumping in just to my right. Tossing Muddler Minnows with my fly rod. Bluegills were charging the fly, creating submarine wakes as they approached.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Hey Jack! Start a 2021 version of your thread like you do every year! Its a tradition!

i did but no one used it so i kept this going
ill bump it up see what happens

Reactions: 6Speed

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jack, went to a local resivoir this morn, more or less to get away from mama, no expectations, had a bunch of leftover waxworms and some minnows. I started catching bluegills, a few crappies, and 3 perch..put em in a bucket, went home about 4pm today(ran out of bait) got home and had 38gills 3 crappies and 3 perch..did not expect that!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Jack, went to a local resivoir this morn, more or less to get away from mama, no expectations, had a bunch of leftover waxworms and some minnows. I started catching bluegills, a few crappies, and 3 perch..put em in a bucket, went home about 4pm today(ran out of bait) got home and had 38gills 3 crappies and 3 perch..did not expect that!
so there were 2 of you?

TD

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
DNR accidently (or on purpose?) stocks skamania hybred steelhead that handles warmer water in michigan center chain of lakes !!
fishing hotspots.jpg

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
APRIL FOOLS !......OR IS IT ???

141 - 160 of 167 Posts