Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Decided to go Check one of my favorite crappie early spot,Sunday. And sure enough they were they're getting some Sun, Got 8 hogs. Only had a short time to Fish otherwise would have gotten a limit. Don't think it's too early guys,shallow water canals with black muck bottom. Can't wait to go back. Been doing good on perch at St. Clair. But I luv big slabs. Nothing like it.cant catch them on the couch.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HERES HOPING NEXT WEEK WARM UP GETS THE FISH ACTIVE OR AT LEAST US ACTIVE WITH NO SPORTS OR ANYTHING ON TV BUT THE OBVIOUS NO SOCIAL ACTIVITIES, NO GYM NO NOTHING IM HOPING FISHING IS A RELEASE I NEED ! GET OUTDOORS ITS A GREAT PLACE TO BE!......AND FISH MORE

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GUESS ILL GO GET SOME NIGHTCRAWLERS AND MAKE A BED FOR THEM

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Does anyone know if the minnow bucket bait shop Did close. It was close to close in February but not sure if it did
It did.

Supposedly, a party store on M50 north of Jackson near Hawkins Rd, I can't think of the name of it but they sell a little bit of fishing tackle, boiled peanuts, sheds, etc. told me that they had purchased the tanks from the Minnow Bucket to put into use. I can't confirm that it happened, but the owner told me it was the plan 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will have to check out Grass Lake area I am closer to Grass Lake. Also have a few bait shops around my house,but One place is only open when they feel like working,. So you can't count on them. Gonna put together a big Styrofoam cooler with air raider so I can go buy a bunch and they will last me a few weeks. I like Rosie reds and fatheads.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It did.

Supposedly, a party store on M50 north of Jackson near Hawkins Rd, I can't think of the name of it but they sell a little bit of fishing tackle, boiled peanuts, sheds, etc. told me that they had purchased the tanks from the Minnow Bucket to put into use. I can't confirm that it happened, but the owner told me it was the plan 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Closest place to me (16.5 miles away) now that the Minnow Bucket is closed is Ducks Point Store on Duck Lake.

https://www.google.com/search?q=duc...j0l2j46j0l4.5270j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KNUTSONS BEST FOR ME MIGHT HAVE TO GET THE AQUARIUM WORKING AND BUY BULK

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have bought many decoys waterfowl hunting things, Calls, Penny tunnel fishing gear over the years and Bait. Can't get in to my early happy spot I I have Due to this darn virus, So I'm headed saint Clare after some jumbos

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm ready to get out!!! My wife and I are both off work for now due to the shutdown. Boat is out of storage, every reel I own has been cleaned and lubed (even the retired ones), tackle boxes cleaned and reorganized, just need a little bit warmer weather and we'll start getting out. I am nearly stir crazy. How much cooking and cleaning can one man stand!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm ready to get out!!! My wife and I are both off work for now due to the shutdown. Boat is out of storage, every reel I own has been cleaned and lubed (even the retired ones), tackle boxes cleaned and reorganized, just need a little bit warmer weather and we'll start getting out. I am nearly stir crazy. How much cooking and cleaning can one man stand!!!
Im heading out in the boat tomorrow!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Got out with my Dad last night. It took us a little while to find them, but once I found a nice school using side imaging, it didn't take long. We were both using perch rigs with minnows in about 10ft of water. Thankfully I was able to get a bunch of minnows before everything shut down.
That’s a nice mess of perch good job.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts