Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It was awesome having you as a hunter, Kyle! You did everything I asked and without slowing down or complaining or second guessing. We decided to drive from Indian River to Johannesburg for the last 30 minutes of daylight and it worked out.

Truly enjoyed having you and your brother around for a few days. Congratulations again on a fantastic bull!
Thanks Scott, it was a blast hanging out with you and the other hunters for a few days chasing these beasts! An experience ill never forget and have already relived a hundred times over in my head! Literally a dream come true!

·
Registered
35,254 Posts
Congrats, best hunting guide and best hunt you can ask for in Michigan. Come on Pure Michigan tags. I want to o elk hunting again.
Already purchased mine. I’m still in the penalty box from the 2016 season.

Reactions: RNHunter

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Awesome hunt!! Now we need to see this @sshole bull!!
I don’t release any pictures until they are dead, so... until next year (hopefully).

This December is the first time we have ever actually been able to hunt him since the fall of 2018. We had a hunter three years ago that did not shoot him when he had a very good opportunity at him, and he has been unwilling to cooperate since then. We came close this December, but he still made all of us look like fools.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If anyone is interested in seeing the film my brother put together feel free to check it out! Again, we just do it as a hobby and its a lot of fun! Just wish he didnt have to go back to work and could have got my kill on film! And also feel free to PM feedback on what you think of the film, always looking to improve!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I’ve seen a few Michigan videos that show guys dragging elk. Never looks like it’s easy. Why not quarter them up and pack them? Though I suppose they probably don’t have to drag them too far. Must not be worth the work of quartering since it’s probably not far to a road?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I’ve seen a few Michigan videos that show guys dragging elk. Never looks like it’s easy. Why not quarter them up and pack them? Though I suppose they probably don’t have to drag them too far. Must not be worth the work of quartering since it’s probably not far to a road?
I believe Scott said in all his years of guiding they have only quartered two elk up to get out of the woods? All the drags that I was apart of were a few hundred yards at most. With multiple guys its easy enough to load them onto a sled and drag them out, especially with snow on the ground.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It's nice to bring your Elk out whole if possible.

The DNR used to require that the Elk was taken to the check station. They usually weigh each animal and remove a Tooth for age analysis. Not sure if it's mandatory but that's the way they used to do it.

Dad took a nice Bull in 2009 and we drug it down a hill, sliding it in the snow. They are a handful for sure if left whole, but really cool to share with family that way instead of quartered up.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts